Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Spring Bird Trinket Box

Happy Sunday to you ALL!!
Not sure f you remember but a few posts back I said I was making Sunday
my "ME" day...
meaning I can do whatever I want and not what needs/or should be done..!!
So far I have stuck to it...and today was very nice out, so worked out all day....
and these old bones are feeling every second of it!!


Being my "ME" day I also choose to join in a challenge I love to do each month.
That is the Crafty Secrets "Linky Party"....oh my goodness, Sandy sent me her
new Spring line of digital papers and they are gorgeous!!
I built my entire box with these papers in mind!!
And guess what...promise NOT to tell??  Good...I have NEVER used digital papers before!!
I just couldn't resit these...the vintage little seed packet on top of my box....
well it is an entire page of them...all different...love!!
The pretty lavender paper I used is also from her digital line!

I started my box with a small round paper mache box left over from previous
crafting years...I think I found about a dozen of them!!  
The birdie...well he is a leftover, too!!


I used flowers (the Rose and the purple flowers) that had already been cut
and were hiding in my stash!! I colored them with PanPastels....the leaves
also came out of my stash....the ribbons...well, see the little bit of gingham 
underneath??  It is all I had left, so I tied it on for a bit more contrast!!
I cut my little butterfly with a SU Sizzix die from the same CS digital paper!!
I think it turned out pretty darn cute!!
I also used a few Cheery Lynn Designs dies....
The sweet little doily comes in the center of the Polynesian Sails die....
the little flowers are from The Miniature Rose
and the Leaf the birdie is sitting on s from the Flourish Leaf  Strip

Make sure to stop by tomorrow and see my Shabby Tea Room DT project....
it is sooooooooo cute!!
Also don't forget to enter my blog candy above...and if you didn't win last month
or don't win this month...not to worry, I will be offering blog candy each month
all year long!!!!

I am also entering this in the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs .... Pretty In Purple
and
Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges .... Easter of Pastel Colors
and
Sugar Creek Hollow .... Easter
and
All Crafts Challenge .... Anything But A Card
and
Let's Get Shabby Challenge .... Easter/Spring

23 comments:

Debbie Adams said...

This little trinket box is so pretty. I love the little bird and the bulb tag. :D

Elizabeth said...

This is stunning. I love lavender so for me this is perfection. I commend your designated "me day". I have a similar thing called laid back Sunday which means I do what I want, you'll laugh at how today was spent...shovelling dirt/manure! I love to garden so I am doing that all day and not making dinner. Thanks so much for joining us at the April Linky Party.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Diane, this is absolutely stunning!! I love the beautiful scene you've created on top!! The bird is gorgeous, as are the flowers!! And the digital papers are fabulous!! You did a wonderful job with this my friend!! It's been in the mid 70's and sunny all weekend here...perfect spring weather :) Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

OMG Diane this is ADORABLE!!! I just love it and of course it's all done in MY color! LOL! Awesome job and thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Secrets April Linky Party!
You Go Girl!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I love to have a weekly "me" day, too! I only have three to choose from and I have to work extra hard on two of them, but it's worth it. Same as you, I worked outside today. It was sooooo gorgeous! And then I see this pretty little box -- I'm on Garden Cloud Nine! So pretty! The seed packet is adorable, and so nice to have several to choose from. I LOVE the birdie. This is what I really want to do -- decorate boxes up all 3D like this. I need some Gesso and I want to pick up some pretties like your bird. Isn't this fun? I love it, and you help inspire me!

bumblebee creations said...

This is totally Gorgeous, Diane....loving all the awesome details!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love all the shades of lavender and the beautiful digital flowers and papers. I'm so excited that you discovered that digital papers are so easy and fun to use. Your creation is pure eye candy! Thanks for playing along in the April Crafty Secrets Linky Party!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! And welcome to digital!! There'll be no stopping you now!

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a pretty little trinket box. Love how you layered everything on top of your Polynesian Doily die and your little bird looks so sweet sitting on the top. Thanks for joining the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck. Julie x

Kristi said...

Oh my! You've won my heart with your gorgeous trinket box! Holy smokes!♥

Karen said...

Oh my goodness, this is so absolutely gorgeous! I love beautiful birdie and lovely details and the coloring of your sweet flowers in pan pastels!! Thanks for playing along in this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck!

Dottie said...

just beautiful I made them a couple yrs back for my grand daughters they love them for their barrettes and bows
lovely
God bless
Dottie

Unknown said...

This is wonderful!!! Love the paper. I LOVE the ribbons around it!! That is a GREAT idea!! Love all the flowers and the bird.. Just beautiful!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Crafting Vicky said...

woooow this is soooo gorgeous! Totally adore the great color scheme you have used for this. And the element on top are just perfect!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

shulsart said...

What a beautiful gift box. I love the little garden you have created on top. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous and sweet spring box!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

Shirley said...

Boy, Diane, your trinket box is Spring lovely! love the colors, flowers, and that cute little bird too! You have really been busy creating beautiful things!! Like how you did the bow around the rim too!

Debbie's Time Out said...

Diane I have to say this is stunning. Love the round box and all the embellishments you have added to it. Very decorative.

JansArtyJunk said...

Gorgeous little decorated box...love the lil birdie and the seed packet :)

Mikha Adriani said...

Whoaaa... this is just wonderful!! Love all the sweet details!!
Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun. Wish to see you again next time! :)
Hugs, Mikha

Amy A said...

Stunning! Love the DP and sweet design elements. The lil' birdie is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges; sure hope you join us again.

Amy ~DT

Amelia said...

Oh wow this is so pretty, absolutely love the design of your trinket box! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Unknown said...

The purple colour is perfect for this and all in all this is really lovely! Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck! We hope to see you again soon.

Hanne, DT