Saturday, January 16, 2016

Random Thoughts On A Saturday

Hi all!

Just wanted to pop in with a few things.

First wanted to mention that in a previous post I
said I had stepped down from a few DT's.
The Shabby Tea Room being one and after my notice
Debbie decided to close it down.
She is so busy with her Paper Sweeties business
and felt it was the right decision for her, so I hope you take a visit
to her site and support her business, 
she has lots of adorable dies~stamps~accessories!
We will all miss The Shabby Tea Room.

I also, back in November resigned from Classy Cards 'n Such
but agreed to stay on through February with one card per week.
Then as you all know Crafty Secrets also closed their doors.
Which has lead to 14 less projects for me to make per month.
Think about it, that is 2 whole weeks of daily cards!
Wow, I didn't even realize I was doing that much!

I am very, very comfortable where I am on the teams I am on now
and actually have ALL my January commitments done for the month...
a first for me.
You know when starting out it is always a card makers dream
to be on a DT.
It is wonderful, all the perks, the people you 'meet' and get to design with.
However, it is work, LOTS of work and you have to be very dedicated
to create quality work and be on time with your work,
you have to be 100% totally committed!

So that brings me to a few other things.
First, I feel I had to give some up for a reason.
I missed my entire summer 
by having to be in this craft room 24/7 to make deadlines 
(I am a very slow creator),
I needed to spend more time with my family,
not only my husband, but my Mother whom is 88.
Last night I spent the evening in the ER with her, my sister and my brother.
She  was diagnosed with breast cancer in both breasts.
It was probably one of the most scarey things I have ever seen.
You see, she had tumors in her breasts for years and never let any of us know
and probably wouldn't of until this day, until one of them literally burst open
last night.
What can I say, I am devastated and am now glad I can devote more time to her.
I won't go into all the details, but I am glad I can be there for her.

I also hope by stepping down some it will allow me more
time to pick a challenge, create and join in..have fun, use some of my NBUS
that seems to be falling out of every nook and cranny!

Well, thanks for letting me get this all off my chest.....
I hope to come back with a fun card for a fun challenge!
Have a great Saturday everyone!







9 comments:

Lisaerica said...

I'm so sorry to her about your mom. My mom passed from endometrial cancer (uterus) to young at 63. She let me know she was sick but not how sick. I believe they want to spare us the worrying for as long as possible. I had a very hard time with that, I would've like to have spent more time, there's never enough when it comes to your mom. My mother in law passed from breast cancer as well. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Lisa said...

Oh my friend, I am so, so sorry about your mother. I am praying for her right now and will keep her in my prayers. You made the right decision stepping back from some teams to spend time with your family. That's most important. I don't know how you were doing so many. It really is amazing when you think of the time commitment of blogging: creating a project, writing up the post for it, and then commenting on friend's posts. It really is time consuming. I am praying for you too, my friend and sending lots of comforting hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anne Temple said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm so glad you have more time to be with her. It was definitely the right decision to step away from some of your teams (and you're right - being on a team is a LOT of work :-).) Sending prayers to you and all your family.

Anne Temple said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm so glad you have more time to be with her. It was definitely the right decision to step away from some of your teams (and you're right - being on a team is a LOT of work :-).) Sending prayers to you and all your family.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Diane, that's devastating news about your Mom. I'm so sorry. Even if you were still on those DTs I'm sure you would be allowed the time to spend with your Mom. However, I totally understand about the time involved with DTs and the freedom you feel when you cut back. Even with the few I do it sometimes feels like too much, so I can imagine how swamped you felt. I'm glad you'll be able to spend some extra time with your Mom during this rough period. I lost my Mom to cancer when she was 85. It's very hard to hear that diagnosis. My heart is with you.

bumblebee creations said...

oH my goodness, Diane!! I will keep you and your Mother in my prayers! Take Care!!

Ros Crawford said...

Hey there! I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom ... My Aunt went through the same thing when she was 80 ... She was too busy caring for her husband to get seen by a doctor... At 89 this March she is a survivor having had both breast off. My thoughts are with you and you know I'm always here to listen ... sending you big hugs... And don't forget that stepping down is also for you! You need a break too! Take care xxx

Amelia Breytenbach said...

I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your Mom Diane. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You did an awesome job on all of the design teams and it is good that you step down from some of them to have time for yourself. Thinking of you!

wannabcre8tive said...

Diane, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My prayers are with you and your family. I definitely understand your needing to cut back and spend time with your loved ones. Hugs.