Friday, January 22, 2016

Love At First Bite

I have a 'free' day today and
I  was able to 'just have fun' with a simple card I
did for the challenge at Dragonfly Journeys
which is "It's A Jungle Out There".

I normally have my card made 
and then find challenges to enter it in to.
I think that is the 'norm" for most of us most of the time.
But it is so fun to pick a challenge first,
then make something precisely for 'that' challenge.
After all, isn't 'that' what a 'challenge' is??


I looked all through my stash trying to figure out what
I wanted to use. I found elephant stamps, giraffe stamps,
monkey paper and goodness knows my Cricut had 100's
of things I could of used, but I decided on this silly, silly 'Gator'!

I colored him in with my Copics 
(note to self...buy a few 'bright' green Copics)
with the green Copics I have for now.
I used a glitter pen for all his teeth,
nostrils and nails.


I used some very old designer papers
and a few metal flowers I have also had forever it seems.

He's simple, he's colorful, he's fun!!
You should try this challenge out,
she has the most fun gift packets she sends out
if you are selected the winner....
and she has fun challenge themes as well!

Entering the following challenges:
Dragonfly Journeys .... It's A Jungle Out There
Simon Says Wednesday .... Critters

Products used:
Stamps:  Darcie Alligator Stamps
Copics G40,G43,R24,R27 
Paper:  DCWV Nana's Kids, Mariposa Matstack
Dies Memory Box Stitched Circles

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This has me smiling! What a fabulous and fun card!! He's so adorable!

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! This gator is just the cutest! I love how you colored him and he is just a perfect Valentine all around. Thank you for all of your kind words, you are truly one of my favorites and I just love your creative style. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, so cute!! He's adorable!! I love the fun background!! What a awesome card this is my friend!! Totally makes me smile!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, he's so cute! Reminds me of the Valentines we used to pass out as kids, and that is such a fond memory. I always want to make those Valentines as an adult. Super, super cute and your coloring of this gator rocks! Really love the flowers. I'll have to go look at the challenge. The two you shared this in are right up my alley, but don't think I'll have the "free" stamping time. Looks like it might not rain today and I should get outside and trim a fuchsia.

Heather said...

An adorable card Diana, a lovely design with fabulous colours and papers..........your Alligator is adorable along with sweet details!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Anne Temple said...

Too cute! It reminds me of Valentine's cards we would give out as kids. Love it.

Darlene said...

OMG ... too cute! Love his rosy cheeks! Made me smile (thanks!)

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! Congrats on the win and I know your comment said that you had sent me an email with your information, but I haven't received it yet. No rush, but if you could try again and let me know what your card choice is and your address. Thanks!
Email is: jeannie.thomas@yahoo.com

Jeannie T.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet image!! Very cute!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa