Monday, May 21, 2018

The Big Apple

Howdy All!!
I should of had this posted yesterday
but it was a rough weekend for us here at the Hover household...
or maybe I should say a sad weekend.
I won't go into all the details but it sure put a stop to what I had planned.

Anyhow, I do have a fun card to share today...finally.
As you all know the Design Team from The Cutting Cafe
gets together on the 7th and 21st of each month to show and share 
all our projects for that day, (which happens to be the 21st today)
all in one place on TCC blog.

We were to use any cut file of our choice but the 'twist' was to use fabric.
My original idea was to make a banner
but obviously that didn't happen.

I do however LOVE what I did put together and it came together very easily!


I used the Apple Shaped card file 
and the PDF version for it instead of my Cricut SVG file....
it was all hand cut and EASY!!

I first printed the top apple on card stock for a pattern,
cut it out, then I cut a piece of fabric slightly bigger then the apple,
I used Elmers Craft Bond Spray Glue
(and a spray box)
and sprayed the card stock apple
and quickly adhered my fabric (it dries fast)!
Then simply cut around it.


The leaves were cut from felt, and I added a rick rack bow and button to finish.

Make sure to pop on over later this afternoon at TCC  BLOG to see all
the projects from the team, there are some fabulous ideas there. 

10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is such a beautiful apple you created and wonderful with those colors. Gorgeous fabric used too!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a lovely creation, Hope things are a bit better for you this week, Love Hazelx

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful Diane, lovely design and fabric, Kate x

Darlene said...

OMG ... this is AWESOME! How clever and of course done up in the perfect color! LOL Hope today is a better day for you! Hugs from TONGA!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful!!!!

Regina Easter said...

oh my gosh a purple apple...only you could think of the most awesomeness for a apple....love love love this

Gail said...

i so like the look of this apple! great work!

Leslie Miller said...

You used fabric? How cool! Love that you got creative with the color, and it's so darn cute with the ric rac and button. I'm really sorry about your sad weekend. I hope everything is okay. You make me worry.

Donna Phelan said...

This is really FUN! I love that print too!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry you had a bad weekend, my friend. Your apple is fabulous!! How awesome it's fabric!! I love the polka dots!! What a fun card this is!! Thinking of you and sending big hugs your way.

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts