Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Four Seasons Challenge Winter~December

Brrr, several places in the states are returning to our cold winter months
and that is our theme for the next three months at Four Seasons, WINTER
Cold temps, snow, ice and freezing rain are all a part of what we have to put up
with the next three months and if you are lucky enough to not have to face
these issues, then you ARE lucky!!

We have a winter mood board to get you inspired, but you don't have to use it
as long as your creation is WINTER themed!

I always feel so bad for the birdies that do stick around,
hiding in the bare bushes and looking for a meal.
So, I let the top left picture inspire me as I knew I had a new stamp
to use that reminded me of that picture.

I used a Woodware stamp Robin and Holly but was a bit disappointed
when I stamped it, as it was more of a solid stamp then one that could be colored.

It threw me for a loop that's for sure, I first embossed it in gold,
didn't like it, so then stamped it with Nuvo Acorn Brown
and added color where I could, and added glitter pens in red and green.

The background paper has somewhat of a vellum look
and I had intended to use the back of it, but taped down the wrong side
but I kind of like how it looks, so guess it was a 'good' mistake?
The sentiment is from Altenew.


I encourage you to head on over to the Four Seasons challenge blog
and see all the fabulous inspiration from the Design Team, join in with us,
we would LOVE to have you!


3 comments:

Darlene said...

What a beautiful card Diane! Gotta love those 'happy mistakes' lol.

Glenda said...

Dian I love your card! That sweet bird just speaks to me and I love the holly branch!

Leslie Miller said...

Your robin is absolutely beautiful, Diane! These Woodware linocuts caught my eye and I bought several, but then I wondered what color I should use. I still have a few I haven't stamped yet. I LOVE your idea of adding color and you just gave me a great idea I'm going to try with mine (one of these days). Such a pretty bird. I hope all your birdies stay well and happy this winter!