Sunday, December 23, 2012

Queen For A Day

I have a few things I wanted to share with you today....
different then my normal "things"

 
 
First is this wonderful crown.....
made with aqua paper and stitched  onto felt...
a bottle cap silver glittered "D" sits in the center
 
Second are some bird "jars" I made....
I did about ten of these in various colors....
wish the darn pictures were better....
 
in the jars I added snow, some pearls, etc....
I added rub ons on the outside of the jars...
one is "The magic of Christmas", the other is "Christmas"
I made the nests of various greens, torn vintage music books, etc....
the birds and glass were purchased at Michael's....
the glass is just $1...amazing what you can do with a $1 project!!
 
 
I am entering these projects in the challenge at the Shabby Tea Room
"Shabby Chic Holiday".....
 
 
Here it is the day before Christmas Eve and I haven't baked even one
Christmas cookie...but I am so trying to loose weight, so haven't
given into the temptation...yet.....
my hubby still hasn't shopped...
he is going to go today...poor man...lol....
have a nice Sunday

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous projects, Diane! So beautiful, shabby and clever ... thanks for sharing your lovely work with us in the Tea Room :)

Art From The heart said...

What beautiful projects!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
Hugs

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a collection of beautiful projects Diane! Pure elegance! Love the crown and bottle decorations! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

What gorgeous projects, Diane!! That crown is fabulous!! I love the pink tulle!! And the bird jars are so beautiful!! I hope you have a joyous holiday season filled with love and happiness!! Merry Christmas my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous creations!! They are all so pretty ... Wishing you and your family a Wonderful christmas ...