Monday, December 31, 2012

"Totally" Mad For Tea

Happy "almost" New Year!!!!
 
 
This morning "early" I happened to see a very fun challenge at Simon Says
to create something for a "mad tea party"
sounds like fun??? I think so....
 
 
for my "tea party"...I made a tea box......it stores lots and lots of tea packets....
I had some Graphic 45 Halloween Alice In wonderland paper
and made it work for me....
 
 
 
I colored in the mad hatters hat and covered the Halloween piece with some hearts...
creative...eh???
 
 
The box lid fits down inside the box, so to keep it from slipping inside
and to make a "handle" of sorts, I made a mad hatters hat.....
it took me a few hours to complete, but was well worth it......
here is the challenge at Simon Says if you want to join in!!!!
 
The cardstock I used was Stampin Up and the DS paper is My Minds Eye 
the box top and bottom is a Spellbinders die

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh ... this is SO CUTE Diane! I haven't made one of these tea boxes since we did them at Joan's workshop ... thanks for inspiration!
HAPPY NEW YEAR my friend! All the best to you & your beautiful family in 2013.
HUGS from OHIO!
Yep ... it's me! LOL!

Lisa said...

This is just the cutest thing ever!! What a gorgeous tea box, Diane!! I love the mad hatter image and the hat on top is fabulous!! So awesome!! I hope you have a safe and joyous New Year's celebration my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

This is really fabulous! Happy New Year to you!

Karen B. said...

This is so cute and clever! I was just trying to search for some tea this afternoon in my messy cupboard...this sure would have helped out!

Primitive Seasons said...

Love the tea themed gift. So darling. HOpe you win.

Mary

Suzanne C said...

Brilliant! Love the concept and the design is beautiful! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!

Donna Gibson said...

This is such a great idea! I may try this. I'd love to sit it on my desk at work!!