Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Workshop Christmas Cards



I needed to come up with a few "simple" cards for upcoming workshops and put these two together using just 3 colors. I also wanted to show how to turn "everyday" stamp sets into Holiday cards. All products are from Stampin'Up!

I love the Baroque Motifs set , as its so versatile, yet looks elegant when done! I also like using the image "upside down" as it seems to work better for me that way, not sure why, I guess the flowers seem to "fit" better.

Both cards are using 3 key colors, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss. the stamp sets used were Baroque Motifs, Always, A Cardinal Christmas (sentiment) and a Hostess set Punches Three, I also used the SU exclusive Top Note Die. I added some pearls to the center of the flowers, I really wanted some "bling" jewels, but need to restock on them!! The Horizontal Slot punch was used on the card with the bird. It was a little tricky getting it to punch thru all 3 cardstocks at once, but it did it!! I used the new Scallop Square punch on the other card.

2 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

Looks fantastic. Love Baroque Motifs. One of my favorite sets. Great job!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

bumblebee creations said...

ohhh bother!! Diane - I s'pose you are for sure gonna tell me this is from SU too?!! I LOVE this bottom one! (well, both-but ya know what I mean!!) If it's coming on friday, I'll probably get it on monday/ hopefully!! woohoo!! : 0)