Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Early Christmas Joy~caardvarks Sketchfest Wednesday


Day four of caardvarks Sketchfest...and I made it!  Three more days to go, but its been so much fun!  I did another card today using up "leftovers", which was my plan for this week.  This card has lots of texture, though it is hard to tell from the photo......the background paper has been embossed with an ornament eb folder.  I did this last year, but the paper was too busy for it to show much, so a perfect way to use it for this layout as most of it is covered.  I also used up a scrap of  green foil paper and it was textured with a texture plate that had ornaments on it as well.
I paper pierced around my ornament and the edge of the paper it was stamped on, you can't tell by the photo either, but it really "pops" the ornament out!
The inside of the card is stamped "Seasons Greetings"....I used a new set from the Stampin'Up! Holiday mini called "Four The Holidays"....I love this set, as it has 4 greetings in different text, it will get alot of use this season!  Other statmp sets used were Loads of Love for the trees, and Delightful Decorations for the ornament.....SU has a matching punch for this set and rub-ons, making it very versatile!

I am so inspired, I think I am going to do a few more challenges today!!

13 comments:

*Linda said...

I really like this card. I can't wait for the Christmas season! Maybe this year I will have the time to finally use the stamps I first purchased from you!!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful christmas card!

Hugs,
Vanessa

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeously vibrant & festive holiday card! i loooooooove that beautiful ornament and especially the way you've added ribbon to the top!

Laura :) said...

This is a beautiful card! I really like the ornament stamp. And your choice of colors is so festive. Great that you are using up your scraps! I love doing that--makes me feel so efficient :)

Kelly Booth said...

Very Pretty!

Jolene said...

Your card really has me in the holiday spirit! I love all the special touches.

Pamela Smerker said...

Oooh I am feeling the Christmas spirit with this stunning card.

Tanis said...

LOVE the ornament image...GREAT card! Thanks for playing :)

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card. Love the vibrant colours!

dstandard said...

What a pretty Christmas card - this is what I should be doing!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card!

SmilynStef said...

I'm all about the early Christmas joy ... I love getting cards done for my stash ... very fun holiday sketch design.

Nathalia Castellon said...

Wonderful holiday card, all those layers add up nicely!