Friday, June 3, 2011

Shabby Tea Room Challenge 2*4*6 ~ My Shabby Goodness

This week at the Shabby Tea Room the challenge is 2-4-6...2 designer papers~4 Buttons~6 layers....a real challenge...not as easy as one would think......I actually made 2 cards for this challenge.....my first (and favorite) was made with some newly purchased Webster paper for my background...the rose ds paper is some I have had in my stash for quite awhile....I love both of those papers!   I added a shabby flower I made from hand dyed seam binding.....my fourth button is the flower center......added leaves and for my 6th layer I popped up the butterfly...the doily was colored with 3 blended colors of chalk ink. 

The second card I used a ton of detail......the "butterflies" were made by using a MS punch I added buttons to each and cloth covered wire which I inked.....I used an old 5 cent postage stamp that is the general federation of women's clubs..the center of the stamp reads "75 years of service for Freedom and Growth"...the little phrase under the stamp reads "Flowers and butterflies drift in color"...I added frosted lace stickles to the fairy wings and to the ds paper on the flowers.......love to hear your thoughts...thanks!!

9 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous cards Diane, love the pretty colours, flowers and gorgeous designs.

Marlou McAlees said...

Love your cards, beautiful :)

Evette K. said...

100% shabby chic for sure gf. Love it!!!!!!!!!! And the flowers, wow have got to make some of them SOON. Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

Sheri said...

WOW! Both are GORGEOUS! Love the papers! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

bumblebee creations said...

WWOOOWWWWW! These are totally amazing Diane!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh how pretty they both are Diane! I love the off the page portion on the first card and the gorgeous 5c stamp..........perfect!

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards! Love how you arrange the seam binding! The papers and buttons are lovely...great job!!!

Kelly said...

GORGEOUS! Love the seam binding ribbon.

Debbie said...

Such pretty creations ... both are so lovely! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)