Sunday, June 5, 2011

Altered Box & What's Blooming In Your Garden 3

I was up at 3 am.......so as not to waste my time
I decided to do a project!
This summer Joan's Gardens is having weekly guest tutorials
This week it is Glenda from Magpies Corner......
Her tutorial was to make an altered box...you can go to Joan's Gardens for all the information
I chose to use one of my many paper mache boxes I have......
I used a mixture of Tim Holtz & Tattered Angels mists......
my flowers were cut on my Cricut in 3 various sizes......
but I used my flower kit I purchased from Joan to shape them...
the center of the flowers were embossed with TH tea die embossing powder
I did add lace on the rim under the butterflies...its just hard to see..... 


it took me about 3 hours to complete........
I love how my box turned out!!

The flowers are this weeks pictures of what's blooming right now...enjoy!
for a better view, just click on the photos

9 comments:

Glenda said...

I just adore your altered box! Your paper turned out so great and those flowers are just beautiful. The butterflies are such a gorgeous touch. Well done!

Joan Fricker said...

Diane, your box is gorgeous. I love everything about it. Your flowers are beautiful and as Glenda said, the butterflies are a very nice addition.

Thanks so much for joining us for the weekly challenge. You did a great job.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Darlene said...

WOW .. this is gorgeous Diane! I love the butterflies too ... what a wonderful addition to this beauty!! Thanks for more inspiration ... now I really must get mine STARTED! Yikes ... where's the time going! Have a wonderful day!

bumblebee creations said...

gorgeous box and gorgeous pics of your gardens Diane!!

Pauline said...

Your box is gorgeous! Love the beautiful flowers and butterflies, and your garden is glorious!

Kelly said...

Oooooh how pretty! The flowers and butterflies on the box are gorgeous and so are the pictures of your garden!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a fabulous box Diana.......Love those flutterbies!

Irene said...

Hi Diane

Your altered box is fabulous, Oh I do s love your blog. Your creations ae just awesome.

irene
xxxx

Vickie Y said...

Your box is beautiful! Love your flowers too!