Friday, June 17, 2011

You Are My Sunshine ~ CAS-ual Fridays Color Blocking

I was in the middle of ironing my "summer" curtains for my bedroom when I decided to take a break....
and look at my computer for a bit.......

This week we are Color Blocking: place blocks, or areas of color, next to each other to form a cohesive design on your Clean And Simple creation.
so...I took the challenge literally and did a technique I have been seeing on other blogs recently....
you color with your markers on a clear acrylic block....
mist with water and then stamp onto your card stock.....
I used 3 different SU markers for my background....
the stamps I used are both Unity from a July kit of the month......
I added the butterfly for a tiny bit of dimension.....

5 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

A brilliantly artsy card! I love the line drawing style of the sun against your blocks of bright colour.

Shirley said...

Diane, the card is awesome! How creative and beautiful too! Love what you did with the BG!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a fabulous idea! I remember when it was popular to color like this on acetate and then slap your cardstock onto it. This sounds easier with a nice, sturdy block. I love the effect! More fun than ironing curtains, probably.

Laurie said...

What a fun design! I love the colors you used here! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kelly said...

Great card Diane! Looks like a card that you would pick up from your local Hallmark store. Love what you did with the colors!