Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm Back From The Holiday

I am back from my trip to our "north" home....
It's about 5 1/2 hours from here...
When we arrived the temp was 89....
the next day it was 57.....
Our county has a ban on burning anything it has (is) been so dry....
there was a wildfire in Upper Michigan.....
when we left it had burned 21,000 acres and was 10% contained.....
so sad!!
While we were North we went to a Memorial Day parade in Mackinac City....
and hit a deer on the way home.....
luckily we had the truck and not the car....
we have a broken grill, broken headlight, and bit more damage.....
the deer, well he has a sore butt for sure, but took off in the woods....

We came home to more dryness....
the grass is a "lovely" burnt yellow....
my flowers are suffering badly.....
my veggie garden looks good though....
as we had our 10 year old granddaughter water daily for us...
she did a good job...

I will be posting a few things later....
after I catch up on things here!!

2 comments:

Art From The heart said...

The fire is still burning and has done some awful damage.Sad.
It was hot here in Traverse City and we had tons of rain.
Hugs

Ros said...

Welcome home ... so sad about the fires