Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fall Leaves

I have been in the mood lately to use a lot of "texture".....
You might remember the card I made a week or so ago
where I mixed several different glitters for a pretty fall glittery card.
 
 
For today's card, I did somewhat the same thing, only I sprinkled several
different colors of embossing powder on my stamped leaves....
the colors used were all Tim Holtz Distressed EB powders in the colors
fired brick, peeled paint, mustard seed, walnut stain and tea dye....
I first stamped my beautiful JustRite stamps from the Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves set
with versamark, then used a 1/8 tsp to start adding the colors.
 
I cut each leaf out by hand and arranged them over a BIG rosette I made..
I stamped the cute little sentiments in a punched circle 
in the same color inks as the EB powders
I added a piece of burlap tied together with seam binding bow, twine
and a pretty heart button to finish it off!!
 
The entire thing was adhered to a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 Kraft card stock.
 
I am entering this is the following challenge:
Stampendous Impressions "Fall Fun"

and
 

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Gorgeous, Diane! This is one of my fave JR sets and you've used it beautifully!♥

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! The embossed leaves look amazing!! I love the idea of combining colors!! Fabulous card my friend!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Crafty Moni said...

Love it! I think its so pretty with all the wonderful fall colors! Thanks for the inspiration:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Createology said...

Fabulous texture and effect you achieved on your leaves. This is stunning. Creative Bliss...

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, that's a lot of work to fussy cut all those leaves, but so worth it, this is so beautiful. Love all the colors you used and the fabulous design.

Ros Crawford said...

You've been a busy lady ... This is another fabulous Fall card! Love the textures

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! This is not just a card, but one of those pieces of art that kept wanting me to stare at it! I am amazed at the pattern and texture and techniques you used just on the leaves alone! Really a lot of artistry here and I felt inspired by your project. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog.

Sheri said...

YES! Great texture - PERFECT for Fall! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Stampendous said...

This is such a gorgeous card! Love your texture!! Thanks so much for entering our challenge! Good luck!