Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas Candle ~ A Gift

This is my second post for today....
I should be cleaning my house for my guests since we had to move
our Thanksgiving to here...
but I like to live on the edge so to speak..LOL
 
 
I saw this challenge at Stampendous Impressions....
to make a "handmade gift"
I have a "love" thing for their stamps...
I have been doing my best at "collecting" them...
Last year around Christmas time I picked this one up....
a Christmas background stamp...love~love!!
 
I decided to do the easy peasy "stamp" on a candle technique...
well, easy, but I always seem to "heat up my hand" along with the wax paper.
 
 
These make such perfect gifts...and I love how this one turned out!!

7 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW it turned out GORGEOUS!! Is this a gift for me?? LOL!!
You are such an enabler ... now I have to go 'in search of' the directions ... I think I saw this a long time ago over on SCS ...
Thanks for inspiration ...
STILL SNOWING HERE!

Lisa said...

It looks amazing!! Wow, what a gorgeous gift this is!! My candles never turn out this fabulous!! I love it my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Createology said...

I am not familiar with wax paper stamping to decorate a candle. This is beautiful and now I must find out how to do it. Great hostess gifts. Happy Thanksgiving...

Darnell said...

You are too funny, Diane! Brilliant job on the candle; that image is PERFECT for it! I hope everyone arrived there safe and sound and that you have fun tomorrow! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

I love how it turned out too! It's beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this technique. It's amazing and like magic! Stampendous stamps are fabulous and very good quality. Love your choice for the candle. It turned out beautiful!

Stampendous said...

This is so fantastic, Diane! Great job, and it turned out so beautifully! Thanks for entering our November challenge!!