Monday, November 25, 2013

Snow Scenes Ornament

My card below is on the blog today at
Classy Cards 'n Such
and there is a sale going on with select
Cheery Lynn dies 25 to 40% off...
and while there you can purchase the beautiful Flourish set
I used on my card below and save 10%
on your purchase using my discount code DIANE-10.


Hi, Diane here with you today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.
 
One of my favorite color combinations for Christmas is silver and pink.
However, those colors don't fit in my home, being a log home, at all.

But I can pacify my love of it by creating cards in those colors.  Which brings us
to today's card!  I love a vintage look and when I saw the Flourishes "Snow Scenes"
stamp set Beverly has in her shop, I knew it was for me.
 
 
I started my card with a plain white card stock, adding a piece of design paper I
had on hand.  It was adhered with 1/2" Scor-tape.  On top I layered a gorgeous
doily cut from Cheery Lynn Designs Pinwheel Doily with Angel wing
(and this doily is on sale in the shop right now).
 
 
I cut an ornament for Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments.
I stamped my cute little children building a snowman from the Flourishes set "Snow Scenes"
with Versamark, then heat set with a silver embossing powder.
Around the edge of the ornament I added Art Institute Adhesive and sprinkled
that with the gorgeous Tim Holtz Distress Glitter Spun Sugar!  I tied a real jingle bell
to the bottom, but you could use the Memory Box Jolly Jingle Bells for mailing purposes
To finish off my card I added 3 snowflakes from
Cheery Lynn Designs Snowflowers set #1 and Snowflowers set #2 I covered with glitter..
 
I think it turned out beautifully. 
I hope you enjoyed today's post and will "see you" again soon!!

I am entering this in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge
 "non traditional" Christmas colors

AND

 
 in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge "Winter Scenes"

9 comments:

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is so pretty Diane! I love the silver and pink. I like the way you incorporated that cute snow scene into an ornament. Love the touches of glitter and that pretty pink die cut. Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday this week!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Diane!! I love the dies you used!! The sparkly snowman scene is fabulous!! And the colors are so pretty together!! Awesome card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

This is SO PRETTY and LOVE the color combo! I really like how you do your ribbons too ... I need to remember that! Awww and look at the little jingle bell ... PERFECT touch! YOU GO GIRL!!
Hugs from your crazy Ohio friend!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Love the color combination!! Fabulous little image:) Love it!
Have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving!
Sherrie K

Cheryl said...

How pretty! I love the pink and silver colors for a Christmas card! And, all the sparkle is so festive! Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

Ros Crawford said...

I'm drooling ... this is so pretty! what a gorgeous combination of colours and I love your stamp too!

Leslie Miller said...

I love silver and pink for Christmas, too! This card is gorgeous. Such pretty snowflakes!

shulsart said...

Diane, what a sweet holiday card and a cute image. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs

Debbie's Time Out said...

Dianne Very beautiful card. I really like how you placed the doily behind the ornament. The ribbons look great too. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good Luck to you.