Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Three French Hens

Double D challenges has a fun one....

Twelve Days of Christmas
Days 1-6

1st Day Partridge In a Pear Tree
2nd Day Two Turtle Doves
3rd Day Three French Hens
4th Day Four Calling Birds
5th Day Five Golden Rings
6th Day Six Geese A Laying


Though the title is Christmas, it doesn't have to be, 
just need to use something from the mood board.

I went with the three French hens.
I have had this stamp forever and it has never seen ink from me
and I haven't a clue where I got it OR whose stamp it is
but it does say  on one end
'Good Stamps Stamp Good'
so I am assuming that is the name of the company.


I used a Graphic 45 12 days of Christmas paper,
colored in my hen,
then thought it needed more (plus I wanted to try and cover up a few 'boo boos',
so I mixed up some water and glue,
spattered it on, then covered it with glitter, shaking the excess off.


It's a pretty fun challenge and the DT has once (as always) outdone
themselves again, so I hope you take the time to pop on over to
Double D and check us out and we would love to have you join us...
there is always badges and a random prize to be won!!

13 comments:

Barbara said...

Yes, I am back and as you can see by this early post I am still on Cairo time. I have a big smile on my face with your French hen. Love his fancy shoes and a colorful vest. He is so regal. That background paper is the bomb too, perfect for this challenge. It is good to be back.

Donna Phelan said...

So beautiful...so vintage...so festive! Gorgeous design and papers! Love that snowy effect you got from water and glue...who knew??? Fantastic! Merry Merry!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely perfect for the 3 french hens... Fabulous card! I love her shoes! hee hee

Birgit said...

You've used one of my all time favorite lines of papers for your adorable card Diane. Your French Hen is looking very dapper in his Christmas garb. The sprinkling of snow on top is the icing on the cake... or card...

Darlene said...

What a fabulous theme/mood board ... makes for a really FUN challenge! Your card is awesome and LOVE the Hen ... your coloring if fabulous! WOW what a great idea for the 'snowy' effect ... Well done girlfriend!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this card! Love the snowy effect!

Kathy Krug said...

Don't you just love that that we can play with glue and color it with glitter and call it creative. It always brings out the kid in me...and it hides the boo boos lol. Of course, you have the perfect paper for this challenge and your lay out is perfect.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great card. Love all the pretty details. Your card really captured the mood board perfectly.

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love this and the background paper.xx

Vicki said...

Wow, I love this, Diane! The glue and glitter snow looks amazing on the stamped image. Great idea!

Leslie Miller said...

That's a very dapper rooster in his spats and vest and bow tie! Bet he has more than three French hens in his harem. I've never heard of that stamp company, but I sure love the stamp! That's one I would have held onto. I just love your card with the awesome paper and all those sparkly snow splatters. What a great challenge this is!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE the vintage look of this card. And the texture is just the perfect final touch, very fun.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is so gorgeous! I love all those beautiful vintage elements.