Wednesday, April 14, 2021

You Brighten My Day

 It's a new challenge for The Sisterhood of Crafters
and our theme is Mellow Yellow
chosen by our former DT 'sistah'  Vicki R.

I used a beautiful stamp set I had yet to ink from
Altenew Exotic Tulips that I purchased in early Spring of 2020.
Don't ask me why I waited so long to use but now
can't wait to ink this is other colors.

I LOVE tulips right along with the spring daffodils,
but every bulb gets eaten by critters every year.
If lucky I might have 3 tulips every Spring
so stamping them is another way of enjoying them!


For my ink colors I used a small cube set from Altenew Golden Sunset.
These inks are a perfect way for the layering flower stamps.

I stamped my flowers and leaves using a mask provided in the set I bought.
The die for the sentiment is from Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Strip Dies
and the sentiment is from Pink Fresh Studio Simply Sentiments~Hello
which fit perfectly with these dies.

I did a silly thing when I added the yellow paper underneath
by covering it up for the most part as it matched the dots I stamped
on the card front but you can barely see it, live and learn!

Check out all the other pretty 'mellow yellow' gorgeous creations
from my The Sisterhood sistahs' on the challenge blog!


8 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Diane, we might both love tulips but yours are just gorgeous! I didn't know that critters would eat the actual bulbs. I just have critters that eat the flowers and leave the rest. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Shona Erlenborn said...

These tulips look real, Diane! What a gorgeous card! The sentiment is perfect too!

aussie aNNie said...

exotic for sure Diane, so vibrant and spectacular in both colour and design. xx

Darlene said...

OMG this is gorgeous Di! Your layering stamping is PERFECT and the colors are so striking! I bet you've had tulips in your garden just like these at one time or another. You always have such beautiful garden flowers! Such a happy card ... love it!

Leslie Miller said...

These are some of the best layered flowers I've seen! They look so natural. Love the color and the strip die. Now that you mention it I can see the dots on the yellow layer. Yes, live and learn. Beautiful card, Diane!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful tulip design and I love the colors of them. Looks like a beautiful set and I can see it being just as beautiful in other colors too!

Birgit said...

Oh goodness Diane, those tulips are stunning! These are perfectly stamped and will bring lots of love and joy to brighten someone's day.

Ina G said...

Wow Dianne what amazing bright and beautiful tulips you have here. So vibrant! Love the splattered background and sentiment. So happy to be part of the Sistahs!