Sunday, February 20, 2022

Peace On Earth Anything Goes Christmas Challenge

Time for a new challenge at 
Peace On Earth
and our theme as always is Anything Goes as long as it is Christmas! 
We always have a fun inspiring mood board
that you can use or not and this one has numerous things
to choose from if you so desire!

 Anything Christmas


I normally always try to create my card using something
off the mood board, creating a challenge for me.
I have to say with this one I am guilty of purchasing a new die
just for this challenge!



Cottage Cutz came out with a new Christmas release this year
and this was/is one of them, Christmas Tree Farm Tractor.
I loved it as we just split 90 acres between my two stepsons and one has turned
his into a tree farm.  Or it will be once the trees have grown large enough,
He and my hubby planted over 3000 trees so far and more to plant this year.  So this die reminded me of all the work that was put into
planting his trees.

I have to say this was probably the most 'picky' one of their dies I have used
of theirs yet.  I think even a few bad words were said in the making of this card...bad me!
But some of these are tiny tiny pieces and then just by the picture I had
to figure out what each piece was and where it was going!!
I used scraps of paper and cut it completely out
with six different colors then just picking out what I need for each,
it seemed to be the easiest way to do it,
I just tossed the unused pieces I didn't need.

Take a peek over on the Peace On Earth challenge blog,
it's always fun and inspiring to see what the team creates!!

Entering the following FUN challenges:
Snippets Playground Challenge .... Snippets
Darnell's NBUS .... Never Before Used Schtuff


12 comments:

Lia said...

Great card with this tractor!!
Lia xx

Sarn said...

That is a fun Christmas card. Love the embossed background - and oh my - you used up some teeny tiny snippets!

It's nice and cosy up in the Playground Treehouse. I'll put the coffee on for you. Perhaps a slice of cake will help with the lack of caffeine???? You can have a sugar high instead! LOL! xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so fun, Diane. It does look a bit fiddly! Glad you persevered!

Darlene said...

AWESOME! You certainly have more patience with these type of dies than I do! I would have chucked the whole thing before getting it all figured out lol. But glad you stuck with it because it made one awesome card creation. You'll have to take me to the new tree farm next time I'm out to visit! Fabulous inspiration my friend!

Judy Woodland said...

WHOA!!!! Talk about teeny, tiny pieces parts, this one takes the cake. It's so stinkin' cool, though, I really love it. I think that little wreath is da BOMB!!!!!! And planting that many trees is a labor of love, that's a lotta trees. They are gonna need patience for this undertaking, but it will be worth it. XO~

Leslie Miller said...

I knew immediately this was a Cottage Cutz because it's so detailed and CUTE but, yikes, a lot of small pieces! Sometimes you just have to make the perfect card for someone and this sounds just perfect for your Christmas tree farming stepson. Love the paper, too. So utterly darling and fun all over!

Kathy Krug said...

I smiled at your description, and I can see all the little pieces you were talking about. The overall effect is great though especially with the story you told.

Darnell said...

I love puzzles, but oh, wow, Diane, I can see where the sky would be a bit blue when working on this adorable, but challenging, tractor and trailer die! It sure made a fabulous card, especially knowing the story of your son and his Christmas tree farm. I wish him all the best! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Wow absolutley gorgeous, great colours and brilliant design. ♥

Susan said...

What a perfect die for the Peace on Earth inspiration board! I'm so impressed with how you put all those fiddly pieces of the die together! Love your snowy background too.

Di said...

Oh my word Diane - you really worked so hard t this! Brilliant result I love it.

Hugs

Di xx

Carol L said...

This card is such a perfect nod to your stepson who is starting his own tree farm! It turned out beautiful - in spite of all the fiddly tiny bits! Love the colors and down-home Christmas feeling this card conveys!