Tuesday, March 12, 2013

In The Garden

Hello All
Well, I have to say after the crazy beginning of the week I had
it seems to be getting better!!
I was happy and excited to be in the Top 3 at "Little Scrap Pieces" with my
and also Runner Up with my "Your Kitchen Colors" entry at "Papercraft Star"
it is always an honor to be recognized and I so appreciate it!
 
It is snowing here this am, ugh, but with March you never know in Michigan
but it gives me plenty of time to be in my creative room....
 
Today I decided to create my entry for Joan's Gardens to "Make A Garden Scene"


I received this wonderful intricate die (Garden Gazebo Die Versions) from my hubby at Christmas...

 
now you might think how lucky I am he buys these things for me
but this is how he does it...
I shop at places that have wish lists and send them to my daughter
his "shopping" is, he calls her, tells her the amount to spend
gives her his credit card number and he's done...
hey, it works for me, and he has no idea what he has bought me...LOL!!
This card came about as I had a small piece of white card stock on my desk
I kept this card rather simple......
and since I have nearly run myself out of white for the moment
I decided to use this piece up.....
The background cloud embossed piece, as well as the tiny tag
sentiment and punch are from SU...
the tiny water can I colored with a silver glitter pen....
the rest were colored with TH Distress Markers....
the Gazebo Die can be purchased/ordered at Joan's Gardens....
I cut a few more of this die for later use, as can't you just see vines
and flowers on this gazebo??

8 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

oh wow I love your new card

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the peaceful scene you've created!! Your hubby did a wonderful job shopping for you ;) Have a great evening my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dianne said...

Gorgeous card Diane, I just found you from your being a winner at Moxie, I'm not surprised your in the top 3 of any challenge, you'll be designing for some one soon..

Leslie Miller said...

That kind of shopping works for me, too! One Christmas I gave my SU! demo a wish list and my husband and son selected from that for my presents. They had no idea what they were getting, just the names of the sets. I think it was kind of fun for them and it was SUPER fun for me to open those boxes! Your daughter did well! Love the yellow gingham ribbon, and great idea to use a silver glitter pen on the watering can. I would love to have a glittery watering can in my garden!

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely scene you created ... It's so fresh and Spring like ... Great set up you have there with your presents lol!
We had some snow but it is so cold ... I'm really fed up of it now ...

bumblebee creations said...

this is lovely Diane!! Way to go using your scraps!! Something I need to do--let me know if you have any organization ideas for scraps!!

Darlene said...

LOVE the white on white theme with the little pops of color! Such a cute, cute creation!
What a great way for hubby to do his Christmas shopping and this way you don't have to worry about returns because the gift doesn't fit!
Sorry I haven't been around much ... JoAnn Headquarters has been keeping me VERY busy these past few weeks with projects. Which is good but keeps me away from my own crafting & blogging.
Can't wait to see you again! Till then keep em comin' girlie ... your creations are fabulous!
HUGS from OHIO!

Paula Huiras said...

I love this! What a neat die! It first remended me of a bamboo hut!
Could be made...The cloud background is neat too.
PH