Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Off To School With Crafty Secrets

It's that time of year when all the kiddos are heading back to school.
I know some of my grandchildren are already back in Indiana,
but here in our town in Michigan, it starts Sept 2nd...
I made this cute little card and I think I will send it to 3 of them to


wish them well on their school year.


For my Crafty Secrets project
I started with some bright SU card stock that reminds me of crayola crayons
Brilliant Blue and YoYo Yellow...bet you haven't heard those colors in a while...lol!

I embossed the yellow card stock with a Paper Studio notebook paper folder
then I grabbed my "Crafty Secrets CD's and went "hunting"....
I ended up with "TYPOGRAPHY" CD #3.....
Oh my goodness, it was loaded with images to use....
I chose the cute little blackboard and printed it wallet size....
I popped up the cutest little "off to school" image on that 
Did you know that these stickers (and more) are all on clearance for 99 cents?
They are high quality and so cute to work with!!


I made a banner for the top using dies from Papertrey Ink, adding apples to the banners

To finish I added my "signature" gingham bow and brad!!

Don't forget that Crafty Secrets has a "Summer Sale" going on...
wow...you get a boatload of goodies for a very small price.....
I know someone that just received theirs and was thrilled with it!!!


I will be back on Sept 1st with a new Crafty Secrets Halloween project for
our Sept linky party...you won't want to miss it, so mark your calendars!!
Here is a link that will take you to the Crafty Secrets Blog...have fun!!

Entering in the following challenges:
Craftin Desert Diva's .... Back To School
and
Melonheadz Friends .... Back To School
and
My Craft Spot .... Back To School

12 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is soooo cute!! I love it!

Leslie Miller said...

School starts here after Labor Day, and fall soon follows. I'm sad to see summer go, but at the same time I won't mind slowing down a bit. Anyway... I LOVE this vintage stuff! The banner is too cute with the apples, and love the chalkboard and the kids and the gingham bow with fabulous polka dot brad. All those primary colors are perfect for the back to school theme. Darling and fun!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute and pretty. I love the black gingham bow, it goes very well with the cute image and the school theme.

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable, Diane!! The image is so sweet!! Love the apple banner and the gorgeous bow!! What a fabulous back to school card!! Love it!! Thanks so much for linking up at CDD!! Have a great day my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Very cute card, love the fun image you used! Thanks for joining our linky party over at Craftin Desert Diva's!

crazyaboutcricut said...

Omgosh, how super cute! Love how that ribbon looks too. Thanks for linking up with us at Craftin Desert Divas :D

Jenny ~ Craftin Desert Divas DT

Darlene said...

What can I say? TOTALLY ADORABLE!! You're amazing!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

What a sweet little back to school card. Love the apple banner and the vintage image. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the bright happy colors you chose for this adorable card! I featured it on the CS Facebook page yesterday. So happy to have you on the team! Your work is wonderful!!!

Georgiana said...

Cute! I sure do like the embossed notebook background and the yellow and black "pop". Nicely done! Thanks for sharing at Craftin' Desert Divas this week for our Back to School Linky Party.

School Rules,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Craftin' Desert Divas DT

Karen said...

This is so sweet! :o) The background is amazing and I love that precious little banner! :o) Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at My Craft Spot!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is just darling! LOVE the banner! Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com