Friday, August 15, 2014

Scrappy Country Quilt

Happy Friday to you!!!
Not only is it Friday, but it also the 15th of the month
which brings us to a new challenge at the "Dies R Us" blog.....
Our new challenge is "Stitching"


I decided to get creative with my paper scraps and dies.
I used a 1" punch and punched 24 1" squares of various paper scraps.
I slightly adhered each down on a piece of card stock using a glue stick
I laid a Spellbinders Devine Eleoquence die on top, centered it then cut it out.  
Once it was cut I "stitched" across the entire thing 
to resemble a country patchwork quilt!!


I used Spellbinders Blooms 4  for my flowers, colored with Pan Pastels
and added Spellbinders Sprigs under them

A few added details, bling to the flower centers, a butterfly, gingham ribbon and button
and my card was created!!

I love how it turned out, with all it's pretty colors!!

Now it's YOUR turn to head on over to the Dies R Us blog
and check out all the "pretties" the DT has for you and then join in the challenge....
You could be the lucky winner of the prize...free is good...yes??

Entering the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz .... Buttons and Bows
and
Delightful Challenges ... 1,2, Punch
and
The Paper Shelter ...Punches and Dies
and 
Die Cuttin Divas .... Favorite Color Combo  (Yellow and Red)
and
Craft-Dee Bowz .... Anything Goes (With a handcrafted bow)
and
Craft Your Passion ....Add Yellow
and
Melonheadz Friends ....Flowers

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so creative and gorgeous!! I love the quilted look!! The flowers are so beautiful!! What a stunning card my friend!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

This gorgeous creation just POPS off the screen, Diane!! Those blooms look positively real and are perfect with that unique stitched background!! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, there aren't even words! Holy cow! I SO LOVE this, Diane! The colors, the flowers, the quilted design -- fabulous!!!

Nikki Stalker said...

What a gorgeous quilted creation. Love the mix of colours and papers you have used in the papers. Gorgeous dies you have used. Those flowers are beautiful. I think you just added a few things to my next Dies R Us order....lol. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

Nikki

Vicki said...

Wow! How pretty and fun! Love the quilted design. Beautiful bow! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ August Challenge.

Darlene said...

OMG I just LOVE this card! The colors, the patterns, the stitching!! Such a WONDERFUL and very 'homey' creation! You NEVER cease to amaze me with your fabulous & creative ideas! Thanks SO MUCH for all the inspiration you share!

Pamellia said...

This is just gorgeous! The colours are so amazing and all the pretty patterns work so well together! I really love your flowers and your little butterfly! So wonderful! :)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh these colours are so pretty and make me smile ... Beautiful work Diane!

mixamatoasties said...

What a lovely card.

Thanks for sharing at Charisma.

Susan

Unknown said...

WOW!!! What an ABSOLUTELY stunning card!!! This is beautiful!!!

Thank you SO much for joining us at Die Cuttin' Diva's!!!

Jessica-DT Member

Judith said...

Such a gorgeous card - I love the dies cuts and the colours are fabulous - thank you for playing at TPS this week hugs Judith x

Eemeli said...

Lovely color scheme and such a fabulous design. Very bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining our "Buttons & Bows" -challenge at Charisma Cardz.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}