Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Pastel Party

Today we have a new challenge up on the
and a gorgeous mood board and theme
called "Pastel Party"


I love the soft, dreamy and airy look of this mood board!

For my card I used the flowers to inspire me...
I stenciled a bit of Distress Inks first.
then die cut my flowers in soft pastel colors.



Funny story about the pastel colors,
I didn't think I had any papers in those soft colors,
so ran to our local home store and picked up a few
paint swatches (cards) and used those,
and once I was home I remembered I had a pad of pastel
papers I had bought a few years ago to make flowers with....
I located it and it has 50 pastel card stock sheets in that pad...lol...
could of saved me a bunch of time and a trip to town...geez!!

I first had the flowers stacked flat (which I really, really liked,
but in the end I popped up each one giving it somewhat of a 3d look
as they look on the mood board.

Pop on over to the Double D Challenge and see what the
Design Team has to inspire you...they are the  best, I'm tell'in you!!
Join in with us while there, we would love to have you!!

Entering the following challenges:
Crafting With An Attitude ....ATG (m)
Dragonfly Dreams .... ATG (m)

Products Used:
Dies:  Sue Wilson Stitched Doodle Flowers
Inks:  Distress Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters,
SU Pool Party
Stamp:  Flourishes Winter Blossoms
Stencil"  Memory Box Texture Mesh

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and love the 3d look.xx [aNNie]

Ros Crawford said...

Simply beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

oooooooooh! What a fun, fabulous, wonderful take on the challenge, Diane! Those circular flowers not only add incredible dimension, but bring out the rolled fabric and balloons in your mood board! Great card with the stencil behind. Wishing you a great Wednesday! hugs, de

Darlene said...

WOW such a beautiful creation Diane! Love those pastel flowers and that stenciled background is just perfect! Awesome inspiration to all!

Vicki said...

Diane, you card is so lovely! The background you created really picks up the design of the flowers. I love the new Doodle Design, very unique!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the 3D flowers!! The colors are so soft and beautiful!! Stunning, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathy Krug said...

The stenciling in the back is a perfect background for the pretty layered flowers. Gorgeous, Diane.

Leslie Miller said...

These are the prettiest pastels, Diane! I've been admiring them from Day 1. Love the yellow background and every single color you chose. Funny about forgetting your papers. That's when you know you have too much stuff! Familiar story for many of us.

Donna Phelan said...

hahaha I bet we all have everything we need right in our own little craft rooms lol This is beautiful! I love your pretty stenciled background and those fabulous flowers! I don't think I have ever seen these dies, they are fantastic! WOW!

Carol L said...

This card is just lovely with those stitched flowers and leaves! I can relate to your needless shopping trip too - is it possible we all have too much paper? Nah, I didn't think so! LOL Your pastel card is just outstanding!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh man, been there, done that. I can't tell you how many times I have had to go to the store to get something for a project....even though I have everything on earth in my craft room. I LOVE those die cut flowers, they are prefect with the pastels. and the background is perfect too. I think I need (a.k.a.want) those dies. Just beautiful!!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Beautiful card Diane! Love those pretty flowers!

Dawn said...

I really love this card ... every time I pass through I stop and look ... it just catches the eye beautifully.

Elizabeth Hart said...

These are very cool flowers - they really catch your eye. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)