Wednesday, January 23, 2019

With Sympathy

Back To Basics and Beyond has a fun challenge for you
and it is the 
Salt Technique
you can find out how to do it HERE on YouTube.

I don't make many sympathy cards and decided I needed
a few in my card stash.
I started with a navy blue textured card stock
though you can't see it in the photo...
it is there!


For the background salt technique I used both table salt and a bit of kosher salt.
The watercolors used are just a cheap set I had on hand....
I did do a second base using my Peerless water colors
and it was much more vibrant,
so I decided to use the softer of the two for a sympathy card.
The die is from Cheapo Dies Cattails,
the Heron bird is from Impression Obsession Shore Birds
and the sentiment is SU Warmest Regards.


You can see ALL the beautiful DT salt technique cards by visiting the
Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge blog...thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

meg said...

the salt technique was new to me, but I enjoyed it, this is a beautiful card, love the colours you chose and your die cuts

Tammy said...

Your sympathy card is beautiful Diane! I love the soft watercolor background and the dies you used, gorgeous and comforting!
Hugs, Tammy

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Diane what a beautiful card and a fabulous technique. It's just perfect for the occasion. Thank you for your kind words,Kate x x

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful soft background.
C xxx

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the subtle colours on your background. Very effective. Love Dawn x

Lucille K said...

Your card is soft and comforting, I like the colors you used. Lucille :)

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely beautiful how you combined the two dies. Got me wondering if I have something similar 'cause it sure makes a nice sympathy card. The salt background looks very watery, which is perfect with your dies. Sympathy cards are good to have on hand. It's hard to make them when the need arises.