Friday, April 1, 2022

Birds and Origami Dragonfly Challenge

 


Today a new challenge starts at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges and we have used a 
sponsored image from Ike's Art.
I chose Finch On Pine and colored in with Copics.  We have a lot of finches here
and I enjoy feeding and watching their antics!


We were also required to create an origami dragonfly!
I have to admit it was a struggle for me as being old and having
arthritic fingers didn't help, plus my left hand/arm nerves were operated on
several years ago and I was left with 1/4 of my hand being numb 24/7,
so he isn't the most perfect dragonfly, I used the instructions found HERE in the video. 
I felt lucky though that I had a nice thin origami paper
to create him with.  I added some gems for his eyes and to the card.
My next challenge was figuring out to add him to my card.
I had a precut pine greenery so placed that under the dragonfly!

Pop on over to Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges and see all the rest
of the images and dragonflies created by the team!!
The challenge theme is BIRDS, you don't have to do an origami dragonfly, just have FUN!!




4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Diane. Sorry it's been so long, but I think I'm caught up now after enjoying all your awesome cards since my last visit. I love this bird and your card design and you did an amazing job on the origami dragonfly. I'm not sure I could pull that off!

Judy Woodland said...

Well done, my friend. That is quite a challenge and you nailed it perfectly!! I love your sweet little bird, he fits into the design nicely. Now I'm going over to watch the video. I love origami, and although I'm not really good at it I like trying out new things.

Darlene said...

OMG look at that origami dragonfly ... WELL DONE!! And it works perfectly with your beautifully colored bird! Bet your glad to have that 'origami challenge' behind you! I'm sure I would have never figured it out and just thrown my hands up in defeat!!

ike said...

That is really beautiful. I love your colouring and that background paper goes so well :-)
Amazing Origami - you made that beautifully. x
Thank you for using one of my images and it is a pleasure to sponsor you all.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog