Saturday, February 11, 2023

Sketch 719

 A new sketch is starting today at Sketch Saturday and it is a fun one!
There is also an optional twist and it is to 'add an old stamp'.


I pretty much followed the sketch AND added the twist!
A long while back I had pulled a bunch of papers I wanted to use
and the one I used for my background was one of them!
I used a SU punch to add the scallops at the bottom.
The tulip stamp is one from my friend that purged her craft room
and this came from her (first time I have used it), a 1997 Hero Arts stamp that I stamped on a SB Blossoms
die and colored in with Copics!
The bits of diagonal pieces showing are from my scrap bags.
I added a little twine bow and a die cut watering can!


This sketch challenge gives me an opportunity to stretch my skills
a bit and hope it inspires you to do so as well!
Make sure to visit Sketch Saturday and see all the pretty inspiration
on Sketch #719!!

Entering the following challenges:
NBUS .... Never Before Used Schtuff




5 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Such a GORgeous stamp! LOve your colours and such a brilliant way to use up your little scrap pieces.
Chrissyxx
She's a Bedlington Terrier, still sadly missed x

Darlene said...

WOW what a beautiful creation! Great job on the sketch and love those tulips (sorry to say mine are probably going to get fried as they are already 6" out of the ground {sigh}) Love your choice of colors ... well done my friend! COME ON SPRING TIME!!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a cool sketch and fun to play with! You aced it with your papers and pretty stamped tulips. It's nice that this challenge runs for approx 2 weeks.

Darnell said...

You nailed the sketch, Diane, and I love the pretty tulip old-timey stamp you used for your centerpiece! Together with the pretty pp and watering can, your card reminds us that spring is on the way! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa said...

Gorgeous tulip image and wonderful designer paper. The addition of the water can is a very nice touch.