Monday, November 3, 2014

Little Angel Christmas Ornaments

It is that time of the month again...
the FIRST Monday of the month which brings us to the

Once a month on the first Monday, the Crafty Secrets Design Team
brings you a tutorial on each project the designer made.
It also allows YOU to join in our linky party with our challenge.
The only requirement is to use a Crafty Secrets item.
What??  You don't have any you say!


Well, girl (and gents) I have you covered, just click on the tab at the
top of the blog and it will lead you right to some free printables!!
Everyone that enters gets a prize!!!



For my project I chose to make these very "easy to make" ornaments.
So lets gets started!


First you will need to gather up your supplies.


Your printed Crafty Secrets digitals,
for my images.
Clear ornaments, these can either be plastic or glass, entirely up to you.
I purchased mine at Michael's for 99 cents each.
Your favorite glue, use a good one that you know adheres well! 
a clear transparent sheet 
(I bought mine from Office Max, it is overhead projector film for 70 cents)!
You will need some of the "snow" they sell, which can be found almost anywhere,
usually located by the tiny village scene displays!
A funnel would be helpful, but I just made one out of paper.
Some pretty ribbons to match your chosen images>

Fussy cut your Crafty Secrets images.  I added Stickles to mine as I wanted
a nice vintage, glitter look.

Draw or print off an ornament shape as shown to fit your plastic ornament.
(If you need a template I can send you one or the link to it.)


Trace it onto your transparency sheet.


Cut it out and use glue to adhere your printed Crafty Secrets image to it.
Add your glitter if you choose to use it, set them aside to dry and go and make dinner.


Is dinner over?  Are they dry?  Yes, good, then lets continue!


Roll up your cut out transparent ornament shape, like a taco and insert in the
plastic ornament.  You might have to use your tweezers or something that will
fit down inside on the back of the image to make it uncurl and sit properly.
Once you have it where you want it, use your funnel to add "snow".
If there is (and there should be) a bit of the transparency sticking out the top,
just snip it off at the top edge.  Put your ornament top back on.

Add a ribbon bow and you have yourself an easy peasy ornament.
Aren't they pretty!!!

Now head on over to the Crafty Secrets blog and look at all  the other wonderful
creations the other Crafty Secrets girls have for you.  
I have seen them and they are AMAZING!

Here are the direct links to the talented Crafty Secrets design team!!!
Diane Hover (that's me)
and our lovely 
Guest Designer Birgit Norton

Entering the following challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow ....I Can See Clearly 
and
Craft -Dee Bowz .... Anything Goes With A Handmade Bow
and
Use Your Stuff .... Snow
and
Pile It On .... Feeling Cool



17 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

These are soooooo sweet! I love the wispy clouds you added! What a gorgeous project!

Darlene said...

WOWZA! These ornaments are just precious Diane! What a fabulous idea and they will look so wonderful on your tree this year! Great idea and awesome instruction! THANKS!!

Lisa said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! I love the vintage images!! Your tutorial is fabulous, too!! I want to make these now!! Beautiful project my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Elizabeth said...

This is such a clever idea for a Christmas ornament. Have you ever tried printing on clear plastic. I never have but if there is a clear plastic you could print on safely the ornament would be 2 sided. Thanks for a great tutorial and idea Diane. Love your project.

Birgit said...

These are so stunning! I thought they were decals you stuck to the ornament. How clever of you to adhere it to a transparency and insert it to the inside. Even better!! Blessings~ Birgit

Leslie Miller said...

I always love your Crafty Secrets projects. These are so pretty and sweet and I'm guessing they were plenty of fun, too! These vintage ornaments will look beautiful on a tree!

Sharon said...

Just had to come on over Diane and say hi after seeing you on Fussy and Fancy.
I had a little chuckle to myself as my blog is Nellies Handmade Cards named after our family pet and I too get comments to Nellie.
Your creations are beautiful and it has been lovely visiting your blog.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Mulberry Mindy said...

Beautiful ornaments, Diane. I have seen these finished, but never knew exactly how they were done. Very nice, even as a gift at Christmas.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

What a wonderful angel ornaments Diane and a great tutorial. I always look forward to see what you create.

Sandy

Ros Crawford said...

What pretty ornaments Diane ... Great tutorial too!

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW your ornaments are really pretty These are fun to put togeher. Your tut was wonderful. Great bows BTW.
Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Anonymous said...

these are really great! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff this week and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Sheila Rumney said...

What a great tutorial! Just love these super sweet ornaments!

Shantaie said...

how pretty! your snow filled ornaments would make awesome gifts!

Cathi ONeill said...

Such a clever idea, gorgeous vintage ornaments! Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is so lovely. The vintage images are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Gloria Stengel said...

So very Victorian! Some day, I want to do theme trees in my house and one will be all Victorian. You can make me some ornaments... hee heee