Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town At The Sisterhood

You better watch out
You better not pout
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town at "The Sisterhood"
LOL...do I have your attention now.....
just be glad you can't hear me sing that tune
or you would be running out the door screaming!!

 Our hostess is Terri this week and you just need to make
a project with a Santa on it...easy peasy!!!


I stamped my Bo Bunny Santa image on Vellum using
Ranger Archival Ink and then embossing with clear embossing
powder to set the ink.

Now the fun part begins....
flip your image over and color on the back side....
I just used some SU markers....
once you are done and flip it back over, you have a subtle beautiful color...
Then I made a frame from a "discarded" part of a Spellbinders cut out
and added some Tinsel glitter I have had forever it seems...
I have a  small "tutorial" for this coming on Saturday....
stop back by and take a "peek"!

You can't tell in the photo, but both the sentiment piece and the ivy flourish
are cut from a shimmery pearl paper...so pretty!!

The background paper, which I took forever picking out and then almost
totally covering it up, is from my Christmas scrap bag!!

I added a few gold foil snowflakes to finish!!

I did this technique last year on a tag and loved it...you can see it HERE!!

Now why don't you "POP" on over to The Sisterhood blog and see what my fellow
teamies have made to inspire you  and then join in with us!!

Entering in the following Challenges:
Try It On Tuesday .... Christmas Is Coming
and
City Crafter .... Favorite Technique (coloring on Vellum)
and
Get Creative .... Anything Goes/Optional Glitter
and
Monday Morning Challenge ....Christmas/Winter (m)
and
Sparkles Monthly Challenge .... The Big Guy (Santa)

12 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card and great technique! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!! I hope you are staying warm ... so far the cat is still here!

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful creation Diane, love how you framed the image with the glitter and the image is gorgeous!!
Thank you so much for playing along in my Monday Morning Challenge!

chrissie said...

This is a wonderful vintage look card

Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie x

Stella said...

Your use of vellum is fab. And a beautiful technique. Fab take on our challenge. Thanks so much for being with us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful traditional card. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this tie.
Yvonne

Darlene said...

LOVE this creation and what a cool technique ... oh yay! another technique I need to find time to try! LOL!
You keep saying 'you're slow' ... uh, NO! it's just because your cards are so well thought out and detailed!
Another WINNER!

Evil Edna said...

classic, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

Leslie Miller said...

I've just had the most fun visiting today, Diane! Here's another fabulous vintage Santa on vellum. I just love that tinsel glitter and the foil snowflakes, too. I made a couple of Christmas cards today, but now I feel like making some more!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-) Have a great week!

Brenda B said...

This is absolutely beautiful, I really love the tinsel glitter around the frame, it fab! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkles this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

Hugs
Brenda
Sparkles DT

Cazro said...

A fabulous vintage style card, loving the gold embellishment. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Forum. Caz