Friday, November 7, 2014

Magic of Christmas

This is my blog post at Classy Cards 'n Such today!!

Hello Classy Friends,
Diane here with you today!
I live in a log home and each year it is decorated in red and white for Christmas.
Somehow that color just seems to belong in a log type home.
But there still is a girlie part of me that loves the vintage
look of Christmas in the blue and pink colors!


I started out with a Darice snowflakes embossing folder
and topped it with a doily die cut.
I used the Memory Box Starry Wreath cut from the
beautiful new Wild Rose Studio Frosted Lace papers.
The entire paper pack is full of dreamy pink and blue papers in gorgeous designs!

I cut a holly flourish and added Pink Pearls for berries.
The holly was cut from Stardream Rose Quartz Metallic paper.

For the center of my wreath, I cut 2 Memory Box Leaping Deer.
One was cut from the Stardream Rose Quartz Metallic paper
I offset the silver deer on the pink one to create a shadow effect.


I finished the inside of my card with 2 more of the deer,
a scrap of paper left from the wreath and the beautiful sentiment

The finishing touches were a bow and a jingle bell.

I wanted to mention the Metallic papers I have used.  
These papers are a wonderful 105# weight (normal card stock is about 80# weight) 
and when using with your die cuts, they add a beautiful shimmer and elegance
to your projects.  I have been using them for quite some time now and
love every single beautiful color they come in...give them a try with your next order!!

Don't forget we have a weekly challenge.
Just click on the Current Challenge tab and it will take you right there.
There is a fab prize offered each week.
If you want to get ahead, we list the upcoming challenges as well! 

Entering the following challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbon .... Winter Holiday and Ribbon
and
Crafty Ribbons .... Christmas Creation With Ribbons
and 
Mod Squad Challenge .... Grandma's Attic...add a "doily"
and
City Crafter .... Use a Deer
and
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra .... Anything Goes
and
Craft-Dee Bowz .....Anything Goes with a Bow
and
Word Art Wednesday .... Anything Goes

23 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous, Diane!! I love the colors!! The background embossing is perfect!! Love the layered cuts you used!! And that deer is so beautiful!! The inside is just as fabulous as the outside!! Love this my friend!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

ellyscard creatief said...

Very lovely card. Beautiful bow.
Gr Elly

Sid said...

Two beautiful cards, love your pink deer !!

Kathy Krug said...

Love your wreath. Fabulous colors and so much texture and dimension. The bell is a perfect embellishment.

Donna Maligno said...

Stunning wreath card! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ November challenge.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love how you actually decorated the doily, what a beautiful wreath you have created! Love how the reindeer appear to be 'in flight' and that you finished off the inside of the card as well. Really nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the Challenge I am hosting at the Mod Squad Blog!

Inger said...

Love the Leaping Deer. Can it be used with Spellbinders Grand Calibur?

Karen Letchworth said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Thanks for joining us and sharing your amazing talents with us. It's such a blessing to have you play along.
God bless you,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon
www.karen-mycuprunethover.blogspot.com

Karen Letchworth said...

P.S. For another fun Anything Goes challenge, I'd just LOVE to have you share your amazing art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our Anything Goes challenges are weekly, and we offer two amazing prizes every week. I really hope you will play along with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Leslie Miller said...

Don't tell me you outdid yourself again! Wow! How many times can you do this? I LOVE the colors and the layers on the embossed card base. I came so close to buying the starry wreath when I was shopping and now I wish I'd actually gotten it. This is so gorgeous, Diane!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is beautiful ... I really love those soft colours ... Beautifully done Diane!

Darlene said...

OMG! I would have NEVER thought to use these colors on a holiday card but it's FABULOUS and GORGEOUS! What a sweet creation my friend! How do you do it??? LOL!! WOWZA!

Stella said...

Elelgant and a wonderful design. I* love the layered deer. It really does add something special to your card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Silly me! I forgot to say Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card diane! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

La Vikinga said...

Hi; your wreath with the deer in the middle is great! Thanks also for participating in this challenge at Crafty Ribbons!!

La Vikinga / Crafty Ribbons Design Team

Kelly Lloyd said...

Pretty card thank for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

Amber Milone said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the sweet soft colors along with the white. The pink multi-loop bow with that litle jingle bell is simply fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Barbara Bruder said...

This is just gorgeous, love all the detail you have on your card. It is perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Craft-Dee BowZ. Good luck. Check out our Diemond Dies die-cut giveaway for the month of November!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is so beautiful! I love the non-traditional color palette and the fabulous repetition of circles in this design. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Heather said...

Lovely card Diane! Love the colors and your bow is fabulous!! Love how you did the inside...great details!

Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Hugs!
Heather

Hazel said...

Gorgeous - love the pastel colours. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x