Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanks So Much

Hello there!
I have some favorite challenges I decided to try and fit in each week
when I don't have anything scheduled.

One of my favorite places is Stampendous...
I love their products and being a "month long" challenge
it gives me plenty of opportunity to join in.

 This month the theme is "So Thankful".
I decided on a "thank you" card, 
as this time of the year, I think we can all use those ..right?
Plus the fact I think we all realize we have much to be "thankful" for!!


Some of my favorite stamps Stampendous has are the background stamps!
Being an avid gardener and all, this stamp spoke volumes to me.
it is the  Seed Background stamp. 
I love it so much I decided to make it the focal point on my card!

I started out with a small 4 x 4 garden green card stock
and  in keeping with the color, stamped garden green ink on a scrap of watercolor paper
giving it a bit more texture!!

I added a ribbon bow with my "thanks so much" sentiment...
and then decided it needed a bit more, 
so I cut a tiny leaf and added sequins for a bit of interest!

I put the card aside and jumped in the shower (a bit too much info..eh...lol)
but while in there I decided it needed a matching envelope
(my best ideas come in the shower...lol)
So I grabbed my envelope punch board and made a quick and pretty matching envie!



It fits in perfect...bow and all!!


Entering in the following favorite challenges:
Stampendous .... So Thankful"
and
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge .... Thanks/Thankful
and
The Paper Players .... Clean and Simple Thank You




12 comments:

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Diane. Love the stamps the cut out leaves and gorgeous bow.
The leafy envelope is lovely.
Enjoy your evening.
Hugs Sharon. x

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Diane!! The background stamp is amazing!! I love the pops of orange!! What a fabulous card!! And the envelope is beautiful, too!! Have a wonderful evening my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Virginia L. said...

I love the contrast of green and orange! Beautifully done! The added ribbons, leaf , pearls and tag are such cute details! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Thanks/Thanksgiving” Challenge!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card and the envelope is beautiful too!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from the Stampendous blog. Like the background stamping also. Not seen this stamp before. Like to garden. My hubby built a greenhouse and we have had tomatows, peppers, cucumnbers, red lettuce, onions & garlic. Currently we have broccoli & burssel sprouts that will make it thru the Winter here in central TX.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

LeAnne said...

Lovely creation, I adore the vintage veggie sentiments! Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!!

Yapha said...

Such a pretty card. Love the orange with the green. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely background stamp. It looks great in green with the pop of orange from your ribbon and leaf embellishment. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Darlene said...

WOW look at you go! I love the card ... that background stamp reminds me of 'subway art' ... looks awesome! And matching envelope too ... FABULOUS idea and looks wonderful! Thanks for always inspiring me! I can sure use all the inspiration you can share right now! lol

Jaydee said...

I absolutely love the envelope and how it matches the card. It always makes it much more special for the recipient. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Leslie Miller said...

Very pretty, Diane! I was immediately attracted to the green and the garden background. I love it! I do good thinking in the shower, too. When I stamp in the morning and then get stuck on a card, I seem to find the answer the minute I get in the shower!

Stampendous said...

Wow! So beautiful and a neat way to bring a background stamp to the foreground. Thank you for playing in the November Challenge with us.