Monday, November 3, 2014

Just Neutrals at "The Shabby Tea Room"

Here we are in November and we have had our first SNOW...ugh!!
At least I got some enjoyment working on my project for
This week, using the inspiration photo below, we were asked to
make a project using only Neutral colors, cream, white, black, brown, and/or gold.


Our sponsors this week are Paper Temptress and Paper Sweeties.

I used some gorgeous papers from Paper Temptress.

From Paper Sweeties I used the sentiment from the adorable set "Give Thanks"


Now I have to say this is not at all what I had in mind to do, 
but sometimes life has a way of throwing you off balance.
So all I am saying "due to a technical difficulty"...
I had to completely "rethink" my project as we were leaving on Friday
and would not be back until after this posted.
However, all that being said, I LOVE how this turned out...
so maybe this was "meant to be"!!

The background paper is a new pad I received a few weeks ago
called Faith from Authentique ,
I love this paper so much I am ordering a second one this week!!
The die used was one when a group of us got together and one of the girls
brought in boxes of things she had purchased in duplicate.
I bought a ton of her stuff and this was one of the items....
a Spellbinders die called Lattice Motifs.
I could hardly wait to use it, and when cut on that gorgeous Quartz Metallic paper
wow..it is stunning!!
I used an Impression Obsession small leaf die and another die from Marianne.


I encourage you to head on over to "The Shabby Tea Room" and see what the other
"Shabby Girls" have to offer you.
I want to welcome Tracey Kelly back on to the team.
You can visit her blog here if you would like to see her amazing work!!

Entering the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge .... "S" for Stitching
and
Word Art Wednesday .... Anything Goes
and 
Get Creative .... Anything Goes/Optional Stitching
and
Artistic Inspiration .... Anything Goes/Happy Birthday
and
Simon Says Wednesday challenge ....Anything Goes
and
Virginia's View Challenge .... All Things Metallic

13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Snow? Oh my .... Everyone is saying that we are in for the worst winter in 100 years ... I really hope not ... I thought we had global warming???
Anyway, on to your gorgeous card ... stunning colours and those little leaves are beautiful!! Definitely this was meant to be!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so beautiful!! I love the flowers!! The details and design are just fabulous!! What a gorgeous card!! Love, love it!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

I just have to give this one a big WOW and a deep sigh, Diane. I love anything lattice and this die is particularly beautiful. Love how you cut the leaves from gold to go with those beautiful neutral-colored flowers. I'm seeing a lot of Authentique papers lately and they all look pretty fabulous. I never see it at our local paper craft store where I like to shop, so I'll probably have to go online for it. I'm sure I'll go overboard. Paper is my weakness.

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

So beautiful! I love the soft, neutral color scheme and the lattice diecut is amazing. I love all of the pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Unknown said...

Lovely lattice and great use of white and gold. Thank you for posting this wonderful art with us this week during our 156th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

Lin said...

Oh, this is so elegant, Diane! Love that sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Virginia L. said...

So delicate and feminine! I love the added golden flowers to this design! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

paper fun said...

This is so beautiful. I love the gold and white colors.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty indeed!!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the beautiful die-cut,flowers and great sentiment-Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL Card!
Thank You for joining us last week at AI! Hope you will join us again!
Have a GREAT day!

Tracey said...

Hello Diane......I love everything about your gorgeous card! The cluster of gold flowers is so pretty.

Unknown said...

Stunning card, Dianne, love the soft colours here, thank you for playing along with us at Get Creative, best of luck xxx