Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thanksgiving Wishes and A Bunch of Snow

Hello...I have to tell you we got dumped on in snow overnight....
Inches and inches and counting, it is still coming down...but oh so pretty...
All our area schools are closed due to the road conditions and blowing snow.
Funny thing is, it is to be 50 degrees here on Sunday!!
My daughter has a foreign exchange student staying the school year from China.
He has never seen snow before, so I wonder what his reaction will be...LOL!!

Here are a few photos I took early this am.






Now onto the card I made purposely  for the challenge at Impression Obsession
"Thanksgiving Wishes"


I went with more of a fall theme.....
inside I will write "Happy Thanksgiving" to the recipient!!
To me Thanksgiving and Fall are one and the same....
Turkey and the crisp Autumn air (tell that to Mother Nature, will you)!!!
Plus the fact I don't have any Thanksgiving stamps...so am making due...LOL!!

I splattered ink first, then stamped an Impression Obsession verse
from CL 135 Autumn Leaves.
I cut the Impression Obsession Bird on A Branch DIE161-N
twice, so I could get a different look for my bird.
I finished it off with a prety bow, button and twine!!


My poor birds here are looking for food, and I feel bad, as I have none.
This snowstorm is early for us, and as usual I am not prepared!!

Entering in the following challenges:
Impression Obsession .... Thanksgiving Wishes
and
Melonheadz Friends ..... Add A Sentiment
and
Craft Dee BowZ ....Anything Goes With A Bow
and
Stamp and Create .... Ribbons and/or Bows
and
Runway Inspired .....Photo Inspiration


18 comments:

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Diane. I love the simple classy design.

Your snow pictures are so pretty. tfs. Pat K x

Darlene said...

LOVED seeing the snow pictures you took ... I knew it would be beautiful around your place with the snowfall! And it is!!!!!!!!
LOVE the design of your card too ... you are so creative! The 'splashes' are just enough to set it off!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the bird on the branch and the pretty sentiment!! It looks amazing!!

Your pictures are gorgeous!! But oh, the snow!! We only have about 2 inches on the ground, but the temps are downright frigid. It's in the negatives with wind chill. It's only November!! I dread the coming winter. I seriously need to move to a tropical climate ;) I hope you are feeling much better my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card love the splash of color behind the sentiment.

Mulberry Mindy said...

Lovely card, Diane. I love the bird and branch.

Your snow pictures are just beautiful, too! It is much colder than normal here in TX, but no pretty stuff. Just sunshine, wind, and cold temps.

Stay warm, my fiend.
Mindy

Jenny Alia said...

Beautiful card! Love the snowy photos. No snow by me yet and I hope it holds off for a bit longer. It is pretty though.

Katie said...

Beautiful card! Love the splatter effect. And this IO die is great. Really pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Shona said...

Your card is lovely, and your photos are spectacular! I love snow, but we don't get much here especially before Christmas. I'm so jealous!

Jeanne Streiff said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession Challenge!

Leslie Miller said...

BEAUTIFUL snow scenes! Oh, what a gorgeous landscape it creates for your lovely log home. Idyllic! I hope it doesn't inconvenience you too much so you can enjoy the sight. You did a splendid job on your Thanksgiving card, too, even without Thanksgiving stamps. The splatter is a nice touch and the quote is beautiful.

Jenny Alia said...

Congrats Diane on your IO win! It is a fantastic card!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your card is very pretty! The snow pics are awesome too! Our ground is a little bit white this am but not as pretty as yours!:) Happy Wednesday! Have a great day!
weim house!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! Fabulous photos! Poor you though ... I mean being cooped up in your craft room must be hard haha!! Lovely card Diane ... Stay warm ... sending love

Barbara Bruder said...

We got 4" of snow here in the greater Cincinnati area. Gine me some warmer temps. LOL
What a beautiful card. It is perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW’ challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck. Check out our Diemond Dies die-cut giveaway for the month of November at Craft-Dee BowZ

Rene said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
Rene ;D

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fantastic Autumn card. Love the CAS approach. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with a great sentiment...thanks for sharing it with us at Melonheadz Friends!
xxx Margreet

Tasnim said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! Love the composition.