Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Scare n' Up Some Pumpkins

BOO!
 Today at Double D Challenges we are
'Scare'n Up Some Pumpkins'!!
That is our theme for the next two weeks,
meaning we want to see your pumpkins and/or scarecrows.

There is a FABULOUS 'mood board' below for inspiration!



I purchased this Cottage Cutz die purposely just for this challenge!
Kind of crazy I know, but it gives me a good excuse to shop!


Honestly this Harvest Scarecrow die has FORTY pieces.....
wowzers, but it was so EASY to die cut.
 basically cut one thing at time,
meaning first the pumpkin, then the sun flowers,
adhering together as I went making it very fast to create!
I was able to use all kinds of paper scraps
from my scrap bags, that made me kind of happy!!
I love,love this detailed die
and I make sure I wait for the Cottage Cutz sales (60% off)
before  purchasing as I am a stickler for sales lol!

I also added a burlap paper background
on a big 5 1/2" card base
(I needed room for all the scarecrow details)
and a 'crow' using a bird die from Cheery Lynn Designs.
The sentiment is from Firecracker Designs,
(a set I won years and years ago) and was stamped
on a Tutti Stitched Oval!

So make sure and visit the Double D Challenge blog and see
all the WONDERFUL designs the fabulous Design Team has in store for you!!

Entering the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
Scrapyland .... ATG with a SL die
Pixie's Snippets Playground .... Snippets (and did I ever use a ton of them)
The Paper PLayers .... (top row across and middle row down)

16 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Wowzers indeed! 40 pieces, Aye Yai Yai. BUT that scarecrow is super fantastic! Love the whole scene you have set AND that burlap background. Just perfect!

Darlene said...

This is awesome! LOVE this 40 piece scene ... you have the patience of a saint to do this ... and the burlap background is perfect! What a fabulous fall card!!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, all that with one die set? I had to go look... and at 60% off? Oh, my gosh, it's so CUTE! Love every little piece of it and it's all so perfect on the burlap paper. Dang! I need to sign up for those Scrappin' Cottage emails!

Kathy Krug said...

This is so cute. I love the burlap background and the gingham shirt. I often use challenges as an excuse to buy. Cottage Cutz has some of the cutest dies. Wish DRU carried them. I know you had a lot of little pieces to glue together, but it turned ou so great, Thanks for being a terrific team leader and inspiration to all of us.

Vicki said...

Fantastic card! Wow, 40 pieces? That is quite a die set and you have used it perfectly. I love the burlap background and all of the amazing fall details.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous die for sure, love the ragged but pretty look.xx

Claire Broadwater said...

Diane, nothing says Fall like a scarecrow! Love the burlap background and all the fun details! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

LeAnne said...

This is AMAZING! I would keep this as a work of art! Surely a labor of love and what a fun result! Each little element works together perfectly! So happy you shared this with us at the Players this week!

Barbara said...

Well, that burlap paper looks like real stuff and Wow 40 pieces to that die. This is so cute and all of the pieces are the correct size to each other. This made a really nice fall card with pumpkins and a scarecrow too. Might as well go all of the way.

ElizStewart said...

Diane... this card is adorable beyond words!!! Happy World Cardmaking Day... and thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Diane! The burlap paper is so realistic, and gives the illusion of so much texture. However, it's the scarecrow who steals the show!!! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Diane I just love your little scarecrow and the detail of the scene you've created and combining with the burlap background makes for a perfect country fall-themed card. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Di said...

Oh Diane - this is totally brilliant! What an amazing use of loads of snippets - and a brilliant result. I can so understand why you wanted that wonderful set.

Hugs

Di xx

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Adorable card Diane. The scarecrow is sooo sweet. I also love all of the pretty details to create the overall scene. These small things make your card so extra special.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, Diane, this is so stinkin' CUTE!!! All those die cuts boggle my mind! I love the burlap here too, just perfect for the piece. Have been thinking a lot about you, hope you are finding some peace. You have my prayers. Hugs~

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is over the top adorable! What a deal for 60% off! Love that you created your scene on burlap!