Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Talkin' Turkey

Ya'all getting ready for some turkey dinners?
Starting to sound yummy isn't it?

Speaking of yummy, we have a yummy mood board below to start
this weeks challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters.
all kinds of fabulous choices!



I went right to the main course and made a turkey dinner!


Now, I am sure this funny die would not appeal to everyone, but a long while back (last year maybe)
 when Cottage Cutz had a 60% off sale on their dies
I just couldn't resist!
It has many many little pieces but, I just take the photo and start
pulling out all the little scraps I need for each piece, then cut it all at once
and it makes it super easy!


I added a little color with Copics along the turkey and kind of wish 
I had done that for some of the other pieces.
I think this would be fun for invites for Thanksgiving dinner
(as long as you didn't have to make too many).

The sentient is from another 'turkey'  I was originally going to use
from Inky Antics.
I think it went perfectly with my platter!!

Make sure and visit The Sisterhood blog as there
are some really beautiful cards there!

Entering the following challenges:
Little Red Wagon .... Remember When (turkey die)

9 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG! This is AMAZING and absolutely awesome!! You're right ... I for one would NOT have purchased this die set (too many little pieces) ... but you are so good at creating with these types of dies and today's card proves that fact! This is AWESOME and what a great way to use up some scraps! FANTASTIC my friend! Looks good enough to eat! Yum!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, that's such a CUTE die set, and the sentiment is perfect with it! Hard to resist 60% off, but I'd probably shy away from all the small parts. However, I just now ordered the stitched Christmas critters you used the other day (plus a stitched frame set Darlene used). Hoping the critters won't be too bad, but they really look worth the effort. You girls have GOT to stop enabling me!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card and a fantastic turkey with all the trimmings too. Yummy!

Vickie Y said...

Love it! Definitely a "turkey talk" die and card!

Ros Crawford said...

What a super card for the occasion!! It's absolutely brilliant!

Debbie Mageed said...

You're making me hungry, Diane! Your card looks good enough to eat!! LOL I like that you were able to cut every little piece in one go, making it much more doable (for me, at least). Great card!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa said...

What a perfect die for Thanksgiving!! I love all of the fruit and veggies accompanying the turkey!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Heather said...

What a perfect die for Thanksgiving and yes, there are many little pieces. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Gwendolyn said...

Wow that looks sumptuous Diane, great layout! I hope your Thanksgiving was just as good as you card looks! Hugs, Gwendolyn