Thursday, November 29, 2018

You Are The Happy

Today I challenged myself to actually do a card
for a challenge, not just find a challenge that
fits  a card I had already done...confused?  Lol.
(not saying though I won't add it to other challenges)

So I had first intended to do the challenge over at PoppyStamps
but when I went over to see what it was, it is already closed...whoops!

So then I went to Memory Box and yippee it was still going!
The theme is Falling For You/Fall card.
I made a 'Fall Colored' card since I am so late in joining in
and since Fall is pretty much over.
I like this card as even though the colors are of Fall,
I can still use it year round!


I started by using Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers
(using the largest circle)
then adding Memory Box Wild Blooms to the center
as this die cuts a negative.
I am really liking these negative dies as they add a
uniqueness to a card.


Then I sponged on a white card stock Tim Holtz Distress inks
using Peeled Paint~Spiced Marmalade~Barn Door
and placed it under the negative die cut.

I didn't want a bow so I added a snippet of tied ribbon.
The sentiment (which I love) is from a newly purchased SU stamp set
'Country Home'.

Hope you like it!!

8 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

So pretty Diane, I love the die and your design, so simple but so effective, lovely colours too, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful die cut design and the colors are gorgeous! The ribbon looks fantastic on it too.

Barbara said...

I am really liking the way this negative die looks on this card. You are super creative.

Leslie Miller said...

Hooray for challenges to get those creative juices flowing! I love fall colors anytime of year and this is such a beautiful combo with the ribbon and the sponged area behind the flowers. Now I'm thinking I'd like more of these negative dies 'cause I love how this looks. I really like the sentiment, too. Good to see you today, Diane!

Dawn Phillips said...

What a lovely card. I have this die somewhere. I may have to go and find it. Love Dawn x

Judy Woodland said...

This is beautiful. I love it's simplicity, and I agree, the negative space dies are pretty dramatic. I think that ribbon really ties it all together (no pun intended....lol). The colors in ribbon pick up the background colors perfectly. GORGEOUS!!!

Darlene said...

Like it? I LOVE it! What a fabulous design! Simple yet stunning! Great job and so glad to see your mojo is finally on the mend!

Ros Crawford said...

I love it!