Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Warm & Cozy

It's the third Wednesday of the month at 
Double D Challenges and that means the start of a
new challenge theme.

This time it is being hosted by Team Darlene
and the theme is
'Snuggle Up Buttercup'
and using the mood board below,
we want you to think 'warm and cozy.


Well I have to tell you,
I have had a stamp set and sentiment sitting in my basket for months
to use for this challenge....
and this card 'isn't' it.

I just can't get any motivation for creating right now
and I so wish it would come back.

So I put this quick card together to maybe at least
try to get the urge to create.


I pulled the bear (tag) and the sentiment right out of my
'ephemera'  drawer from Carta Bella's Cabin Fever set.
I used a sweater embossed background 
(EBF is RG Richard Garay)
and had every intention of adding a contrasting card stock behind the
bear, but the phone rang and when I got back to my craft room
it completely slipped my mind (these things happen when you get old)!!

I used a ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon from when I belonged to their
ribbon club, they have the most beautiful ribbons.

So, pop on over to Double D Challenges and as always
see all the amazing work by the design team...
pretty cool prize to be had, too...see ya there!!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

So absolutely adorable!! The bear is too cute in his winter sweater!! The ribbon is beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

OMG this is SO cute and I love that sweater embossed background! Now how cute is his sweater and that ribbon is beautiful! GREAT job!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Vicki said...

Lovely card, Diane! This is an amazing embossing folder. I may need this one in addition to the SU folder. Gorgeous ribbon too! Just love that bear and his holiday sweater!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So well designed and so cute with that bear in his sweater attire. A great card for the challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

I don't know what you had in mind, but it would be hard to top this! I LOVE it! The bear is so cute and the ribbon really pretty, and that embossing folder -- fantastic! Guess I'll have to plan an embossing folder binge. Haven't bought any new ones in a while and I love them so much. Good to see your card, Diane. It will all come back to you soon enough.

Kathy Krug said...

The bear is so darn cute all dressed up for Christmas. The embossing folder and ribbon are the perfect special touches.

aussie aNNie said...

Oh so cute, loving this bear dressed up to the 'nines'. Brilliant background.xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Your background is perfect for this stamp. Love Dawn x

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Well I just love your cozy and warm theme card!!

Barbara said...

The mood board for this challenge was terrific. So many ways to make a warm and cozy looking card. I love the texture on yours. Hard to believe that you can accomplish that with paper.

Donna Phelan said...

Another beautiful cozy creation! Loving that texture and that magnificent ribbon and bow--wow! That bear all decked out in his cozy winter sweater is ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at him!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Oh my the bear is so adorable and cute Diane. Perfect match of the sweater and ribbon as well as the embossed background.Love the card.