Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Harvest Hoe Down Challenge

We are having a 'Harvest Hoedown" at The Sisterhood of Crafters
so if you ever wanted to hoedown, now is your chance...lol!!

The theme was chosen by our 'Sistah' Dar and the design team certainly had fun with it!

One of the things I love about being on The Sisterhood team
is, as long as we stick with the theme
we can use any products we want, making it so fun to create
with some rather neglected things from my stash.
Only thing that is hard, is which 'thing' to choose to work with.



I went with a very 'intense' die (as I like to call them)
from Cottage Cutz.
The reason I say 'intense' is that this image I used has 36 die cut pieces,
even the little candle wicks!

The die is called 'Autumn Centerpiece'.
A few times a year Cottage Cutz has half off sales,
and let me tell you, I jump right in and stock up on some pretty neat dies!

I am the 'snippets' queen when it came to this card,
as all those little die cuts were from scrap pieces of papers.
I sat on the floor and Freckles and I (my crafting kitty...she crafts if I want her to  or not)
cut all the little 36 pieces out!



The entire centerpiece was adhered to a Spellbinders die cut background.
Once done, I felt it still needed 'something',
so I added a few sequins!

So, head on over to The Sisterhood and see what my Sistahs'
has to inspire 'YOU" with to join our challenge!

Entering the following challenges:
Crafting From The Heart .... ATG
Ooh La La .... ATG
Come and Get It .... Die Cuts



8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the design!! Wow - a 36 piece die!! I don't know if I have the courage to tackle one with that many pieces!! I'm glad you did because this is stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Debbie Mageed said...

What a beautiful card! I love your autumn dies. I am heading over to Cottage Cutz to see what other fun stuff they have!

Darlene said...

This is GORGEOUS and OMG so many pieces!!! You're a better woman than I am! I would never have the patience for that! LOL Beautiful card my friend!!

Wynn said...

I love the scene you've created with the dies BUT 36 WOW!! you must have a lot of patience. Thank you for joining us at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

Linby said...

wow 36 pieces! well done - it looks great. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OLL.
Lynn x
DT

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, Diane! I love it, love it, LOVE IT!!! I know what you mean about those Cottage Cutz dies, but look how absolutely fabulous it turned out. Beautiful choice for the mat to frame it and, look, no ribbon! You could totally mail this. You have to mail it! You can enjoy it for a while... You and Freckles made an awesome card!

Gwendolyn said...

Wow thats alot of work to put everything together nd you did a beautiful job! Love the scene you created! Cheers, Gwendolyn

NancyK said...

Just gorgeous! Wow - you should be called the die cut queen! Love how you incorporated everything.