Friday, August 4, 2017

Pretty Pastels

How has your summer been going?
I have to say I have had some great times
but there have been a few things thrown at our family I
wouldn't wish on anyone.

I am blessed though that my hubby likes to go and be social
and when he comes in the house and says
'Let's go here....I drop everything and go.
It has put me in a few tight spots with my DTing now and then,
but I think family comes first.

My card today has a bit of a 'romantic' look to it I think.
I used a pretty doily my friend  Ros sent me in a package of goodies...
so handy to just grab and use with no fuss!


The next layer is made with snippets of papers
that last winter I sat down and glued strips of designer papers
to card bases to use later when needed.
This one I cut with a Tutti Designs Stitched Nested Rectangle
making it so perfect.

I die cut from glitter paper (shame on me when I DT for a glitter company..gulp
but hey, I already had it in stock...lol)
a pretty Tutti Designs Harp
adding a tiny pink rose to it.

The little music button came from one of our sponsors when I worked
on The Shabby Tea Room DT.....
but I can't remember who it was...sigh!

Anyhow a pretty pastel girlie card
for just about any occasion!

Entering the following challenges:
Cardz For Gals .... Pretty Pastels
Aud Sentiments .... No Sentiment on Front
Craftaholics Are Us .... Die Cuts
Watercooler Wednesdays .... ATG Feminine 

15 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Ooooh! How fabulous your card is, Diane, with pretty pastel colors and glittery happiness! So glad I got to see your masterpiece showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Craftaholics R Us.
~Owner/DT Janis

Judy Woodland said...

I so hear you about struggling to get our DT duty time in....I am struggling mightily this summer. We go up to Grand Marais in the UP for 4-5 weeks with our fifth wheel, so I have to get everything done before we go. Anyway......your card is beautiful. LOVE the idea of putting some papers together in the winter when we have time so we can just grab them. So helpful, thanks for the tip

Lisa said...

This is so romantic and beautiful!! I love the design and the sparkle!! So fabulous, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

So pretty Diane! What a cute button too! My DH always wants to be out - It gets him out of doing any jobs! Lol! So I know what you mean... I pray that better times come along for you... You really deserve them.

Darlene said...

WOW! Such a pretty creation! You sure are good with that sparkle! This is awesome! Love that musical button ... perfect!!

Leslie Miller said...

You're so right about this having a romantic look to it -- not in a lovey-dovey way, but you know what I mean. The pink, the glitter, the harp, the rose... yes, definitely romantic. Very pretty! I'm also having a hard time staying put long enough to get much stamping done. It's so easy to get out and about during the summer months. I wish nothing but good things for you from here on out.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Diane, this is such a "girly", romantic card. Love the various bits of designer paper. They really compliment each other beautifully and make a great backdrop for your sparkly harp. The musical "button" and pink doily add such fun. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Billie A said...

Great card. I like the glitter harp. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Glitter, pastels, doilies and music.........your card has it all and combined in such a great fashion Love the little music button and that beautiful harp. Thanks for sharing at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week.

Gail said...

That's a great die-cut harp! And love it paired with the music button. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Judy Markowitz said...

That die cut harp is super cool and I love it in glitter! Definitely an adorable card. I really love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

Donna Phelan said...

Loving your choice of Designer Papers, that makes for a beautiful panel for your pretty pink harp....how sweet! That's a fun musical button accent too! Great card!

Sian said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. (Apologies for the late comment. I have just returned from a two week holiday.) Sian.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.