Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Thank You

Have you been watching the news with the hurricane?
OMGoodness my heart goes out to the people of Texas!
It has been devastating to watch and I couldn't even imagine having to deal with what they have before them.
We are to get remnants of the storm here in Michigan
around Sunday or Monday but nothing obviously like they had.
I won't be here, but it will probably just be rain and wind...
just goes to show how strong that storm was to reach Michigan!

For today,
I have a card I made using Tutti Designs Bamboo Screen



Using TH Distress Inks, I stenciled a background for the
bamboo to 'rest' on.

I inked up a sun using some TH distressed inks on a punched circle.

I stamped a bird, then fussy cut him out,
he is sitting on the bamboo enjoying the heat of the sun.

A few little sequin flowers were added here and there, a ribbon using RRR
and of course the scalloped punched/stamped sentiment.
I liked how this card turned out..thanks for looking!

Entering the following challenges:


8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Aww! What a sweet card this is Diane...We got to see the damage in Texas last night on our news ... Oh my it's just awful! God help those poor people...Like you my heart goes out to them.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful colors, Diane! It's a gorgeous sunrise creation depicting the feel of an exotic garden in all its loveliness! hugs, de

Darnell said...

This is such a warm and lovely card as we are approaching autumn, Diane! I love the sketchy feel of your design!! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's beautiful, Diane! The little bird is so cute and I love the stenciled background and colors. Cute little flower sequins. I have a few of those, but never seem to use them. Got to rectify that. Things don't look good in Texas with all the flooding after the hurricane. As if a hurricane isn't bad enough, it's lingering and causing so much more widespread damage.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors and the bamboo!! Beautiful card, my friend!! It's heartbreaking to watch the coverage in Texas...my heart goes out to them, too. Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Judy Woodland said...

Love the artsy look of this card with the stenciled background and those great die cuts. Gorgeous, I'm pinning!!!

Donna Phelan said...

Love your colors and design! The stenciling and that bamboo are awesome! Such a FAB card!

Darlene said...

I truly love what you've created here! Great idea to use the stencil for the background and the sun, the bird, the sequins ... all just fabulous elements to complete this very artsy Asian design. Great job!