Monday, February 4, 2019

From The Heart

A funny thing how this card came about.
I saw the theme challenge at The Paper Players


and thought that the image looked so familiar to me.
well, it was as my Valentine napkins have
almost the same image of the heart balloons.

With that being said, I have wanted 'forever' to try
the glitter napkin technique.
There is an awesome video on youtube HERE
if you want to give it a try.
I am not going to even go into explaining it
as her video is so GOOD!

So, here is MY card using my napkin.


I think it turned out rather well.
I stamped the Flourishes sentiment on pink vellum.
It was fun, so much so that I can see myself collecting more napkins...
just what I need, more 'stuff'  lol!

Also entering in the following challenges:
Time Out .... home sweet home





supplies:  Stamp Flourishes Have A Heart; Die Tutti Designs Stitched Nesting Hearts,
Cheery Lynn Designs Fishtail Banners;
Elizabeth Crafts Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets;
SU Products Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Heat & Stick Powder;
Embossin folder WeR Memory Keepers Hearts

8 comments:

Jill V said...

What a cool technique - the results look amazing - I will definitely have to check out that video 😀
Your card is a wonderful take on our inspiration photo- the glittery heart goes perfectly with that vellum banner (Ilove the edging on it). Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

LeAnne said...

OH. MY. GOSH! This is amazing! It looks like a piece of gorgeous crystal! What a fun technique, I will have to try this out! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players!

Leslie Miller said...

You have Valentine napkins? I've seen some mighty pretty napkins and gorgeous cards made with them. I've not seen the glitter napkins, but it sure is pretty!

Dawn Phillips said...

That is so lovely. I didn't even know there was a glitter napkin technique. Love Dawn x

sandie said...

This is a stunner-what an amazing look-great technique and what a fab idea to add that pretty vellum die and the embossed background gives the card so much dimension. Thanks for joining Time Out

Darlene said...

WOW! This is just beautiful!!! I'll have to check out that video! I actually still have a beautiful floral napkin (from your house)that I've been saving to create with ... it just might find it's way onto a card now! Thanks for inspiration ... this is gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is amazing! I really need to check out the video and give this technique a try. Your "glitter napkin" is stunning! Thank you for sharing at The Paper Players!

Furrbster said...

This is brilliant!!

Hugz Tinz