Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Just A Note

 A new month and a new challenge starting at
Stencil Fun (Crazy Is Our Fame Stencils Are Our Game)
with an 'optional twist' to use layered stencils.
You don't have to use the twist and can make anything you want
as long as you use a stencil!

I of course went with the twist as I have several layered
stencils and have to admit I am quite addicted to them,
but the end results are beautiful!

My twist card came about with a few accidents,
accidents that couldn't have worked out any more perfect.
Once I got the stenciling done I decided to grab the die and 
die cut it out, only thing was it wasn't a die, it was a foil plate
meant for foiling, my bad, as I ran it through my big shot and what it did
was emboss it instead, which turns out I loved the look,
Everywhere you see the embossing is where the foil should have been.
I did end up ordering the die for the stencil and have to say it was
the best decision I made!  They also have a stamp to go with
and it is on my list to order next!  But, I will try foiling next time
before I use the layered stencil, I imagine that will be beautiful!
The stencil for this card is Pink Fresh Studio Charming Floral Border.

The next 'accident is I had a pad of gingham paper opened
on my work desk to this navy blue gingham and after I die cut
my stenciled image I set it on the paper by accident, wow, I loved how the
two colors and patterns looked together so it was a 'happy' accident!

For my 'anything goes' card I had an embossed Swiss Dots panel that I added
my stenciled Pink Fresh Studio Daisy Wreath to.

This is also a layered stencil, which I do have the die for!
I used Pink Fresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments stamps and dies for both cards!
You've seen me use this stencil before and surely will again
as I have two more already stenciled!!

 Take a peek over at our Stencil Fun challenge and see Dar's pretty
inspiration cards and get to stenciling and join us,
we have a fun prize up for grabs!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW what a happy accident! Yes I agree ... it turned out beautifully and now you've invented another use for your set. Both cards are just lovely! I love the hot pink on the 2nd card ... really pops against that beautiful white background. Beautiful inspiration my friend!

Julia Aston said...

Lovely stencils used on both cards Diane - the florals look so pretty above the blue gingham on the first, and the stenciled wreath really pops off your white dotted background! xx

lichazul said...

Beautiful and delicate cards, happy day ☺️💐

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, I didn't know that Charming Floral Border could look so utterly charming! The embossed effect from the foil plate is amazing. It's like the embossing folders with die cuts. That would be less expensive unless you're getting it on a super sale I suppose. Anyway, an absolutely gorgeous and fun card with the gingham. I have that little die cut border and now must be sure to use it again. I have long loved your wreath. You sure do have some pretty things!