Sunday, June 4, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #41

Can you believe we are almost halfway through the year already?
Time seems to go by so fast!! 

June brings us to a new challenge at Peace On Earth
and we have a pretty mood board for inspiration.
You can be inspired by it or not, but your project
just has to be Christmas themed! 

 I was inspired by the bottom left corner with the pretty star.

I knew I had a die cut star that was a bit fancy around the edges.
I remember seeing this die used and spent forever trying to find it,
and find it I did, it ended up being a Marianne die.
I used a Tim Holtz twiggy background die for the first time and
a star stamp and die set from Altenew Peace Love Joy set.


I know you can't tell, but the white star is cut from a very shimmery
piece of specialty paper.

We would love to have YOU join us at our Peace On Earth challenge!!

7 comments:

Darlene said...

What a BEAUTIFUL creation my friend! LOVE that twiggy background! I would have never thought to put these two together but they work beautifully together. And, how sweet is that inside star with it's image. Another very inspiring DT project ... you go girl!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, this is so pretty and that little bit of color in the center is just the right touch. I love the twiggy background die, too. Really pretty board.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Diane. I haven't made any Christmas cards yet, but as soon as I do; I'll be sharing them in the challenge. Thanks for all your great inspirations. Your art is always a treat; and of course, I always LOVE it when you share with us at Word Art Wednesday. If you have time, come link up with us.

Also, I appreciated your honesty in the comment you left on my blog. It's so true that we all make mistakes or "blunders" on our cards. I used to throw them away and start over, but I've learned over the years to make it work. That's why I had the sideways/upside down jelly fish. But in actuality, I'm sure they do dive and swim at an angle sometimes so....it works somehow. I say, "don't throw it away, just get creative".

Have a blessed week, my friend.
Karen

aussie aNNie said...

This is absolutey stunning. Love that gorgeous design and especially the colours here ♥

Susan said...

A wonderful take on our Peace on Earth mood board! Love the way you used the star. The twiggy background is fabulous.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

the star and twigs are amazing together hunny xx

Lori Kobular said...

I love your card Diane! That Tim Holtz background die is lovely and that fancy star die is just perfect to match the Inspiration Board! Thanks for the inspiration!