Monday, February 22, 2010

Handmade Flowers~Think Spring

I subscribe to YouCanMakeThis.com and they had a link for the tutorial for these flowers......thought I would give it a "whirl"...went to JoAnn fabrics and bought 3 different small pieces of organza for the round flowers and they had a couple of felt remnants for the layered flower...the organza flowers you hold over a candle flame and it seals (melts) the edges......I had my candle in the sink (just for safety measures) and my hubby came in and said "what the heck are you doing".....heehee...he never "gets it"!!!  They were fun...a bit large for card making, but I plan to make a few smaller ones for other projects.......go and watch the video, but be warned......these are addicting!!!

4 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

You did a great job on the flowers Diane! And I love your "artsy" picture. So pretty!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

stampinfrog said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!Love the organza colors!
Hugs,Connie

Anonymous said...

Oh so so gorgeous!!! Love these!! Thanks so much for the link!! :) HUGS

Kelly said...

These are GORGEOUS! Thanks for the link!