Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Rose Garden

Time for a new challenge at Double D and it is Roses!
How can you not love Roses?
When my kids were growing up we had a nice big screened in porch
and I had a beautiful Rose garden surrounding it....
for the life of me I can't get them to grow for me now...
maybe because a different life~a different dirt...who knows!

But at least I can have some fun with Roses in a different way...
look at the mood board I created for the challenge...
I think it is my favorite one yet!



I think you can guess which part of the mood board inspired me.
It really was a pretty simple card...
some die cuts (Tutti Designs Lamp post), 
glue and tiny purchased Roses...
I like to make my own flowers,
but these were so tiny and my arthritic fingers can't do tiny anymore...
one of the downfalls of getting 'ahem' older!


Here is a close up of the pretty Roses.


Here are a few of my actual Roses from my gardens I have now...
as you can see, they are spotted and weedy...
like my hands, my body can't do as much anymore...
but I still give it a good shot!




So that is my story for today.
Make sure and visit Double D as always,
the Design Team has outdone themselves
with gorgeous creations.

Entering the following challenges:
Scrapyland ... ATG
Creations in Pink .... ATG Pink (m)
Watercooler Wednesdays .... Feminine 
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG

18 comments:

Vicki said...

What a perfect take on the mood board with this gorgeous card covered in roses! I love that lamp post too. You flower garden is spectacular!

Barbara said...

This card is simply fabulous. Yes, I see where you got your inspiration and it is the best. Love all of those tiny roses and leaves scattered all over the lamp post. You didn't need to do anything more.

Bunny said...

Your card is fantastic. I love the mini roses. Your real roses are gorgeous. 

[Bunny]`

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is stunning Diane. I love your design and those mini roses are so pretty in their various shades of pink. I'm like you, I'd rather make them but my hands don't want to either :-). Thanks for sharing this with us at the Scrapy Land Challenge #115 too.

Darlene said...

What a FABULOUS challenge theme and you've certainly outdone yourself with this gorgeous card! AND I love the photo setting with the roses in the background ... well done! OMG look at your garden roses ... SO BEAUTIFUL!! You certainly have a green thumb! Your gardens are always so beautiful!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Diane, I love your roses around the lamp post, gorgeous colours too.
Your own roses are just lovely, Kate x

Kathy Krug said...

Diane... this is one of the prettiest cards I have seen for a long while. When I saw the mood board, I wanted to use that picture, but I did not have any tiny little roses. You really rocked this challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING SO LOVE that lamp post die and your beautiful surrounds of roses. Love roses and your photos are glorious.xx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I am so envious of your gardens, and Darlene's too! Your card is just beautiful and you have imitated that photo perfectly. Those sweet roses are perfect with the lamp post. Well done!

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Diane! Some of the prettiest purchased roses I've seen. You aced the mood board and, yes, it is one fabulous board. I don't know how anyone could not love roses. They might be too much fuss to grow these days, but they sure are pretty to look at!

Darnell said...

Even if they aren't as healthy as your old ones were, your roses are still gorgeous, Diane! Thank you for sharing! You did a beautiful job with the DD mood board and I love your perfect rosy rendition of the street light inspiration! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful. I never was able to grow roses either. We tried a couple times and finally just gave up. But my boss at the newspaper grew gorgeous ones and he would now and then bring in a few to share with us at the office. I think your card is so gorgeous and I love the pretty roses you grow in your garden too.

Lisa said...

This is so stunning!! The roses look absolutely amazing!! I love the lamp post, too!! And your real roses are gorgeous!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Michelle W said...

Stunning card, your roses are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh my! Your roses are beautiful! All of them! I love the lamppost die cut and how your beautiful roses are climbing it, I would love to see this in my front yard! Gorgeous!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Oh so beautiful and elegant Diane! The pink is so soft and calming with the lamp post. I love your card

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh my, Diane, how perfectly your card reflects that mood board! I love the colours of those gorgeous roses in your card (and in your garden, of course). They add a lovely feminine touch to the silhouette of the streetlight. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Carol L said...

Your arthritic hands did a beautiful job here with this rose bouquet on the lamp post! I love the arrangement you created as much as the gorgeous roses you're growing in your garden!