Saturday, June 15, 2019

Summertime

Mid month means it's time for a new challenge theme at
Dies R Us Challenge blog and our theme is
'Summertime'!
Lots of possibilities for this theme'

Design Team Member At


I started my card by first making some background panels
on watercolor paper using Ken Oliver Color Bursts,
then die cutting from those once they were dry.
I love the combo of the different colors.


three times and stacked one on the other to give it a bit more stability. 


Of course I had to add a few pearls as they just seemed to fit
my mermaid theme,
as we all know where pearls come from!

Below are all the links to the die I ahve used.


If you want to be inspired by some more
Summertime Fun
make sure and visit the Dies R Us challenge blog!!

8 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so dreamy and lovely Diane! The pearls are the perfect finishing touch on this sweet card. LOVE!!

Maria said...

Oh, my! What a dreamy mermaid with lovely color! A gorgeous ornate frame and great touch with the pearls!

Lisa said...

This is so stunning!! I love her!! The colors are so gorgeous!! The seashell frame is fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

OH WOW! Those colors are AMAZING! I haven't played with my color burst for quite awhile now (hung up on oxide inks lol) but you've inspired me with these! Love the vibrant colors and the iridescent pearls are the perfect embellishment. GREAT summertime card my friend! Have a wonderful weekend ... I know you're extremely busy making memories with the grandkids!

Kathy Krug said...

I need to get some colorbursts. I love the effect you got with them for this card. the frame is perfect for the mermais and of course you had the perfect sentiment.

laurie said...

love the color burst cut outs! The colors are awesome and work perfectly for you card!

Sherri said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Diane! Love the way you colored the whole thing and the addition of the pearls really makes it pop.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is totally amazing, Diane!! I've loved these Tutti dies since first sight. Holy cow, so gorgeous! Wouldn't it be nice to have an extended period of actual summer weather? We've had some sun, but it mostly comes with so much wind you can't stand to be out in it. Ugh!