Thursday, June 27, 2024

Thank You Very Much

 


Hello Friends, Amy Tsuruta has her Woodblock Wednesday
challenge up and running and I try to join in every month
as it gives you the opportunity to pull out those much neglected
woodblock stamps.  I know a lot of you have gotten rid of yours but
I keep everything LOL!!  I went to a garage sale a couple week ago that
had 'stamps' in their ad and this sunflower is one I picked up for a
mere 50 cents!  It looks as though it had never been inked and does
have the manufactures name on it but it is so light and blurry I can't read it.
As  many woodblock stamps I have I certainly didn't need to buy anymore
but who could resist the price!!
It was stamped then colored with Olo markers
and die cut out with a Cottage Cutz eyelet oval stitched die.
I have a pile of scrap papers sitting in a basket on my desk I am
trying to use up so that is where the background came from.
The sentiment is from The Ton Easy Expressions.


If you have some fun woodblock stamps you should head on over and join in the 
woodblock fun with us!! 

5 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! Love the sunflower!
Diane, see if the stamp looks like it could say 'Worth Repeating' as the manufacturer. It looks a lot like one I have from that company, but mine isn't handy for me to take a look to compare!

Darlene said...

Very pretty card Diane and love that striped background paper ... perfect coloring also! Well done my friend ... I hope to get something created and play along too ... thanks for inspiration!

~amy~ said...

What a great deal on that gorgeous sunflower stamp. Your project is so pretty! I've hit some amazing garage sales and have picked up so many fabulous woodblock stamps. It's been so much fun.

Thanks so much for playing in the June Woodblock Wednesday!

Lin said...

What a great find - and a great card with it! I wouldn't have been able to resist either!

Leslie Miller said...

I wish I had the space to save everything, but I do have a large collection of wood block stamps. They are very special to me! Of course you could not resist this one for 50 cents! You combined it beautifully with the striped paper and the sentiment.