Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Sunflowers

 Hello friends, can you believe we are headed into fall already?
We are, and not only outside but at Double D too.
Our theme is, if you haven't guessed it by now with the mood board below is
SUNFLOWERS!!

I think sunflowers are such an intriguing  flower and love that we have
fields of them around here, sometimes I even grow a few myself!
I  have been hooked on the postage dies from Waffle Flower and when I saw
The Ton had one of their own and a sunflower stencil to go with, I
just knew I had to have it!
I had so much fun stenciling this that I did a few more in
different colors, after all sunflowers come in all sorts of
pretty fall colors.
When I stenciled the first 3 stencils I thought I had gotten
yellow ink splatters somehow on my paper
but after finishing I realized they were just part of the bees!
I used all Altenew inks for my stenciling.

Make sure to visit over at Double D and see all the stunning
inspiration from our teams, they never disappoint!!

9 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and excellent colors love this and a great design xx

Kate said...

Such a lovely sunny card Diane - love the effect of the stencilling! Hugs, Kate!

Carol L said...

I love all the postage stamp sized sunflowers and little bees on this card. The colors are perfect and this card is a great nod to the fall season. NJ

Vicki said...

So delightful, Diane! All of those happy yellow sunflowers make me smile I love this postage stamp die cut. A little different than mine but the are great for collage scenes.

Birgit said...

I adore these sunflowers with the postage stamp die. Another set on my long list of wishes now. ;0) You did a great job stenciling these beauties. This was a great challenge board!!

Donna Phelan said...

Who doesn't love a postage collage style card? Top it with pretty sunflowers and it is a big winner! Love this! I have one sunflower plant, 13 blooms open out of the at least 22 that I can see....amazing!

Darlene said...

You do such a beautiful job with these stencils & die set! Love this card ... well done! Fabulous Fall inspiration!

Leslie Miller said...

Your ink colors really bring out the depth in these flowers to make your card is a beautiful ray of sunshine! I can see how it would be addicting getting all the stamps and stencils for the postage dies. This whole craft is addicting. I have so much new stuff waiting, sigh... It's good to be back!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just awesome. I love the stenciling on the postage stamp background. Great color choices, great design.