Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Purple~Blue~Green Color Challenge

A new challenge is starting at
Double D Challenges and it is a colorful one!

The colors are: 

PURPLE - BLUE - GREEN
ALL or ONE

(if using only one, it MUST be the primary color on your project)


As soon as I saw this mood board I knew I had the perfect thing to use for it!
Over a year ago I purchased a Crafters Companion 3D embossing folder
and stencil set, Hummingbird.  This not only embosses deeply but comes with two stencils
to add color to it, how cool is that?  It is a LARGE set though making a slightly
larger then 5x7 card, a little out of my comfort zone as I normally create mostly A2 cards!
That being said, I think I need a few more of these types of EB folders!


After I embossed my 3D panel I used mostly TH inks to color in in
wilted violet~dusty concord~peacock feathers~broken china~
mowed lawn~rustic wilderness and squeezed lemonade in a mix of distress and oxides.
The sentiment is from The Greetery stamped with Memento Grape Jelly.
I also added a few gems from Pretty Pink Posh Party Mix.

Pop on over to Double D and see all the fabulous designs
from the teams, they are surely going to get you inspired to join in with us!

Entering the following challenges:
Critter Crazy .... must have a critter
Daisy Chain .... NO Design Paper

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful work of art, stunning colours and loving this.. ☻

Donna Phelan said...

Big and Bold and Beautiful! This is spectacular! Not sure I could pull off a card this size, but you have done it beautifully! Great products used perfectly!

Birgit said...

Wow!!! This is gorgeous Diane! What a great purchase, the embossing folder with stencils, was. I love the colors you used. Just perfect!

Darlene said...

OMG ... that embossing folder is BEAUTIFUL and you've colored it perfectly! What a beautiful creation my friend ... thanks for gorgeous inspiration!

Aimeslee Winans said...

This is gorgeous, Diane! Awesome work! I just bought 2 Crafters Companion folder/stencil sets last week and cannot wait to try them out. xoxo

Judy Woodland said...

I am just loving all the new stuff that's coming out with the embossing folders and stencils. Takes all the guess work out of things and packs a real punch. Great use of those colors.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous! The bright colors look amazing. The layering made possible with the embossing and stencils is fantastic. Love those crystal embellishments.

Leslie Miller said...

OMWord, this is incredible! Those gorgeous colors, the embossing, the ease of it with the stencil... it turned out just amazing. It's hard to do the bigger cards, but this EF fills it up nicely. Wow, Diane!

Doris Klein said...

WOW!!!! What a fantastic work! Love the embossed folder and the colours. It's so beautiful!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Barbara said...

OMGoodness! This was the perfect set for this challenge and you aced it. My hat off to you. Finally got around to making comments.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is stunning Diane. What fabulous detail and colours on your card.