Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Great Friend

 Today at The Sisterhood of Crafters our hostess is
'sistah' Vickie and she has chosen
Butterflies~Dragonflies~Bees one or all for our theme!

I purchased this stamp last year and this is the first time I have used it
and what a mistake that was.  I had a heck of a time getting it to
completely stamp in the middle and ended up stamping it 
at least 3 tries  about 10 times on my platform and it STILL
would not stamp completely, even used shims, my stamp eraser from Altenew.
I finally just filled in the area unstamped with a black Copic,
not perfect, but it has to do.  At the writing of this post
I have contacted the company, but I sure do love the pretty stamp!!
They sent me a brand new stamp!!

I colored it in with various inks and a Tombow blender pen.
The background is a stencil form Hero Arts.
The sentiment is from Pink Fresh Studio!
It certainly is a busy card!!


Make sure to visit us at The Sisterhood and see all the 
beautiful creations my 'sistahs' have created!
We would love to have your join in with us too!

Entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday .... Make Your Own Background
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday .... ATG

8 comments:

Lia said...

I can't see that you had troubles with stamping, because the butterfly is amazing. I like it a lot!!
Lia xx

Darlene said...

Sorry you had so much trouble with this stamp ... hopefully the new stamp is better! Beautiful butterfly and awesome stenciled background! So colorful! Thanks for always creating such inspiring cards!

Linda Langes said...

Love that gorgeous inked background!

Leslie Miller said...

This is one of the most gorgeous butterflies ever and I love it on the colorful stenciled background. Really WOW, Diane! That happened to me with a stamp set recently. Quite a few stamps in the set were faulty. The company replaced it, but I had to go through the shop I bought it from. The new set was fine and all was well. You fixed this perfectly. I cannot see a flaw at all.

aussie aNNie said...

What a beautiful card, love this one!!! With lovely colors also.

Ina G said...

That butterfly stamp is awesome. Shame you had trouble inking. I found VersaFine Clair the best for those hard to ink stamps. Love your card Diane - so full of wonderful colour.

baileyrosy.com said...

looks like quite a few of us have trouble with our new stamps, I have given up on quite a few of them tbh. Your butterfly is amazing and I wouldn't have guessed you had a problem if you hadn't mentioned it. Such gorgeous vibrant colours.

Marie

Ellibelle said...

It's a truly beautiful card, Diane. Sorry you've had trouble inking the stamp hopefully you'll get one that works better. I have a stamp like this too but never thought to contact the company. Purchased well over a year (more like 2) ago so I'm sure it's too late to do anything about it now.
You did do a great job covering up the mistake though as I cannot see anything wrong with the stamping at all. The background is so beautiful too!

Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner