Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Nautical

 Hello friends and HAPPY July!
It's the start of a new challenge theme at
Double D and it is
NAUTICAL!

We have a fun nautical mood board for inspiration below:

I was inspired by the anchor, the seagull and the  sailboat
incorporating all into my card!
The paper is from a pad that I've had quite awhile and is
almost gone, love that!  The sailboats on it that you can't see
have shiny silver on each of them making it shine like
glitter!  From another paper pad and using a Tutti Designs
banner, I die cut my background for my seagull.
The gull is from Cottage Cutz and the pilings are
also a CC die called Pelican.  I didn't use the Pelican
this time but stole/borrowed his piling for my gull!
I did make the Pelican though and he will 'debut'
at another time!  All the dies were cut from white
scrap card and then inked with various inks!
The sentiment is Avery Elle stamped on a Honey Bee
banner and the metallic anchor is a MS punch!


Come on over to Double D and have a bit of nautical fun with us,
no NOT naughty but NAUTICAL!!


6 comments:

Birgit said...

What a sweet, sweet card this is! I love the sailboat paper you used in the background. The sea gull on the pilings is just perfect for this sweet, summer card.

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic scene you created! Love that Designer Paper and your seagull and pier pilings! Awesome! Great design too!

Vicki said...

Fantastic nautical design. That seagull is just waiting to grab his dinner. I love how he is perched on that piling. Great mix of die cuts and beautiful colors. Makes me want to be at the beach!

Darlene said...

LOVE this card! What an awesome seaside scene ... your sea gull is amazing! Well done my friend ... the dimension is awesome! Happy 4th

Barbara said...

I agree with everyone else about the background paper, fantastic! Then the banner that you used for the focal image is great and leaves room for the sentiment. That die cut sea gull is over the top a knockout and the coloring brings it to life. Great job!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, this is fabulous. I love all those die cuts, they are amazing. And that background paper just couldn't be any more perfect. This card is just outstanding for the challenge!!!!